The helmet parts guy on Ebay.fr

weirdpyramid

I am looking for some opinions from all of you on this seller toujours-plus-loin on Ebay.fr.

He seems to have a "original" chinstrap(among other helmet parts) every week and they usually look pretty original to me. His feedback is good but offers no returns and his pictures are ok. Have any of you guys ever dealt with this seller?

I am in need of a chinstrap he is selling....

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Casque-a-pointe-spikehelmet-pickelhaube-JUGULAIRE-PIONNIER-mle-1895-TROUPE-/221055873683?pt=FR_JG_Collections_Militaria_Uniformes&hash=item3377f4f293#ht_500wt_1116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears from his current listings that he strips down original helmets to piece them out and increase his profit...

I made two deals with this guy in the past. I bought from him two chinstraps and 4 cockades. He also had (has) two other names on ebay: valaire and ne-le-dit-a-personne
You can really trust Mr E. Baron because the parts he is selling are absolutely original and he is honest!
You also can ask him for other parts he has at the moment and he will send you some picts, so you can make some private deals.
But it is a question of ethics....For my part, since a few years I try not to buy incomplete helmets anymore. I really don´t know if this guy is piecing helmets out to make more money with selling single parts....But I am afraid he is doing exactly that....
It´s your choice!

Philippe

Arran said:
It appears from his current listings that he strips down original helmets to piece them out and increase his profit...

and I have no problem with that as long as the parts are original/authentic.

The price of original helmet parts can sometimes exceed the price of a complete helmet because most of us have a helmet missing a part(s) and we of course will almost pay anything to complete our project, especially parts we have been looking for for years. ahhhh that great feeling of satisfaction of completing a helmet. :wink:

argonne said:
You can really trust Mr E. Baron because the parts he is selling are absolutely original and he is honest!

Thanks for your input and help! Like I said if he is dismantling helmets to sell parts for more of a profit and the parts are original then I see no problem with that, that is as long as I can afford to pay the price.

argonne said:
He also had (has) two other names on ebay: valaire and ne-le-dit-a-personne

:eek: In a way I feel like being struck by lightning, it just hit me! just really reading what you wrote.
I am late to pick up on this but why does someone need three Ebay names???

hmmmmm 8 bids, 4 bidders, very expensive total and the seller has 3 user names???? this auction just isnt feeling right for me. just my opinion.

The seller also has a 4th name on ebay and I mean you already have bought him something in the past on ebay: "etc-etc2000"
I think this seller rather like to keep his private seller status on ebay than become a professional seller.... maybe because of the french tax office.... :-"

Philippe

Back