The Kaiser's Collection

Excellent video! When I first visited Huis Doorn, in 1992, a lot of the kaisers helmets and uniforms were still on display there.
In later years, they were unfortunately removed, and moved upstairs..
In 2 months from now, I will visit Huis Doorn again, as the Western Front Association, of which I am a member, will have it's 40 years celebration there. I also hope Huis Doorn will eventually put the kaisers helmets, and uniforms on display again.

Too bad they show a drawing of the RUSSIAN GdC with a double-headed eagle (5:37 min) to illustrate the Kaiser's GdC helmet... otherwise it is indeed a nice report

I was lucky enough to be able to see Kaiser's extensive collection of uniforms myself in March this year. It was dream come true, such incredible experience!

View attachment 36000
View attachment 35999
View attachment 36002
View attachment 36001
View attachment 36004
Excellent photos
Many thanks for posting these
Do you have any more photos of your visit ?
That is a super M1915 Husar Attila
I wish that you had a close up of the shoulder straps
I assume that it is 1 L H R 1 ?
Thanks
Steve

Excellent photos
Many thanks for posting these
Do you have any more photos of your visit ?
That is a super M1915 Husar Attila
I wish that you had a close up of the shoulder straps
I assume that it is 1 L H R 1 ?
Thanks
Steve
Steve,
I believe you are correct 1LHR1, the boards look like the have the WIIR cypher awarded in 1915 for that regiment. A beautiful atilla for sure…

Thank you for posting this video. It is well done.
Please check 1st Grd helmet at 2:40. Spike base has extra holes which does not make any sense. I do not think Kaiser would have worn helmet with extra holes on spike base!
I think real one is sitting on someone’s collection…….:)

Thanks for posting the video for us to enjoy, it was very well done. (y)

Its wonderful that the Kaiser was such a Military man, he really knew how to do it. You can really tell how much he loved his place in the line of Prussian History. The condition of everything is being immaculately kept, well done that.

Just wonderful, thanks again.

Please check 1st Grd helmet at 2:40. Spike base has extra holes which does not make any sense. I do not think Kaiser would have worn helmet with extra holes on spike base!
It is an odd feature on this helmet. Unfortunately it was sealed in the glass showcase when I visited the museum so couldn't take it out and check more closely, but I think it's not fake. Curator told me the museum never purchased anything from open market. Since there are many special features on Kaiser's uniform items, so I think this helmet have more holes on spike base maybe just a similar case.

Steve,
It is the Attila for 1LHR1. Unfortunately I did not took many pictures due to the limitation of equipment and poor lighting. But I do have a video that showing some of the details, you can watch it here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ss4y1d7gR/?share_source=copy_web
Hi.
Do you hapen to know the use of the last tunic you show on the video? The open collar field grey one with field marshall boards. It looks like the TR ss and political ones.
Thanks for the atention and for the documentation of this beautiful collection.
Best regards
Ricard

I thought maybe 2 of the stars were missing ?
Steve

Steve,
It is the Attila for 1LHR1. Unfortunately I did not took many pictures due to the limitation of equipment and poor lighting. But I do have a video that showing some of the details, you can watch it here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ss4y1d7gR/?share_source=copy_web
Jpvi
Many thanks for this wonderful post.
I saw things that I had not seen before .
Did you have a friend along to shoot the video ?
Or was it done by H D staff ?
Steve

Back