The Old Way To Add To Your Collection

This thread has been a wonderful trip down memory lane. Way beyond my memories, as I was born in the 1980's.
The last two threads stating the "rule of 72" is indeed a great point to bring up. The duty and responsibility to keep these items in their condition, properly to take care and preserve them to our best ability. Certainly a stock wouldn't take the time, love, and attention that must be given to a historical item that you cherish. Congrats to those who were able to purchase at incredible prices retrospectively looking. A deep sense of thanks that the items that you have had for those ≥45 years have been properly taken care of and preserved.
Wow, Is all I can say. A good reminder of where the hobby started and where it has progressed to. I for one, think that webhosting sites like this are so nice. To be able to reach out to others who have similar interested hobbies. I look forward to reading more posts as I have just discovered this forum. It is a pleasure.
Cheers Gentlemen.
Best Regards,
JustinG
Thank you for your very nice post
Steve

Just read over the thread and what a treat. Most of the points I would like to bring up have already been said.

The only thing I would add is that you can't put a price on the countless hours of enjoyment one gets from viewing ones collection.
I'd say thats been priceless over all these years, but if ya ever decide you wanna cash out or GOD forbid had to you'd do alright (y)

Just read over the thread and what a treat. Most of the points I would like to bring up have already been said.

The only thing I would add is that you can't put a price on the countless hours of enjoyment one gets from viewing ones collection.
I'd say thats been priceless over all these years, but if ya ever decide you wanna cash out or GOD forbid had to you'd do alright (y)
Well written
That is the point
the enjoyment of seeing the collection each day that one wants to
I never looked at the collection as an investment
some people collect wine
once you drink it , it is gone
Steve

Welcome Justin good to have you join us. 👍 FYI, new members have to make 5 posts before they can private message (PM) others here on the forum. This prevents spammers from bothering the membership.

Back