The Ordensspange ( Medals bar) from my Great Grandfather

meme32

Dear members,

As a kid, I have seen that Medal bars in possession of my uncle and I was dreaming of having it.
A few months ago, my uncle gave it to me ( I must say it was also a significant driver in my interest for German Imperial Militaria since my initial collecting field is antique firearms).
This is the Ordensspange from my Great Grandfather Theodor Hoffa, as far as I know he was a medical officer during WW1.
Although the familly was from Prussia, I have heard that he served in the Bavarian Army on the Western Front from 1914 to 1918 which seems to be coherent with the awarded medals.
I also just have these 2 pictures from him in Feldgrau uniform during the war.

As you can see he has been awarded the below awards :

-EKII
-Prussian order of the crown 4th class ( without swords)
-Bavarian Military order 4th classe with Swords ( awarded 24141 times during the war)
-Bavarian Leopold 70th Anniversary Medal
-Hindenburg cross
-German red cross medal
-Bavarian Landwehr long service badge

He has a Wikipedia page since he created one of the first infant hospitals in Germany in 1907, he was from Jewish origin and he became an opposant to the NS, he emigrated to South Africa in 1939 and died in 1946 in Johannesburg.

I know quite a little about his army time, I even do not know his exact rank !
If someone can provide me details thanks to the poor quality pictures and if someone has any information; I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Kind regards

IMG_7794.jpgIMG_7795.jpgIMG_7796.jpgIMG_7797.jpgpage6jh.jpgpage6tt.jpg

Your grandfather is pictured as a Stabsarzt der Reserve in the Royal Bavarian Army.

Promotions as follows:

Assistenzarzt d.R.: 12.6.97
Oberarzt d.R.: 26.5.01
Stabsarzt d.R.: 18.12.10

He was mobilized as the battalion medical officer of II./bayr.-Reserve-Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr. 2.

EK2 on 4.10.14
BMV4X on 23.2.15

Awarded the brevet (Charakter) of an Oberstabsarzt on 22 August 1919.

Regards
Glenn

Dear members,

As a kid, I have seen that Medal bars in possession of my uncle and I was dreaming of having it.
A few months ago, my uncle gave it to me ( I must say it was also a significant driver in my interest for German Imperial Militaria since my initial collecting field is antique firearms).
This is the Ordensspange from my Great Grandfather Theodor Hoffa, as far as I know he was a medical officer during WW1.
Although the familly was from Prussia, I have heard that he served in the Bavarian Army on the Western Front from 1914 to 1918 which seems to be coherent with the awarded medals.
I also just have these 2 pictures from him in Feldgrau uniform during the war.

As you can see he has been awarded the below awards :

-EKII
-Prussian order of the crown 4th class ( without swords)
-Bavarian Military order 4th classe with Swords ( awarded 24141 times during the war)
-Bavarian Leopold 70th Anniversary Medal
-Hindenburg cross
-German red cross medal
-Bavarian Landwehr long service badge

He has a Wikipedia page since he created one of the first infant hospitals in Germany in 1907, he was from Jewish origin and he became an opposant to the NS, he emigrated to South Africa in 1939 and died in 1946 in Johannesburg.

I know quite a little about his army time, I even do not know his exact rank !
If someone can provide me details thanks to the poor quality pictures and if someone has any information; I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Kind regards

View attachment 28930View attachment 28931View attachment 28932View attachment 28933View attachment 28934View attachment 28937
That is extra special sine it was from a relative
Worth more to you than any other medal bar could be .
Great !
Steve

Back