The Passing of Queen Elizabeth II

Steve Nick

A watershed moment.

I'm 67 and she has always been our Queen. Every school day began with the singing of God save the Queen.

A most extraordinary reign.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

Attachments

• queen-elizabeth-ii-gettyimages-515984032.thumb.jpg.e1c66a75095.jpg
    queen-elizabeth-ii-gettyimages-515984032.thumb.jpg.e1c66a75095.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
A watershed moment.

I'm 67 and she has always been our Queen. Every school day began with the singing of God save the Queen.

A most extraordinary reign.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty.
In 1953 I was 12 years old and I still liked and played with toy soldiers
from England
$1.98 a box of 8 Foot soldiers
same price for mounted except there were 5 of them
I saw at the time at the store where I bought my toy soldiers
the owner had displayed the Coronation procession for Q E II
coach and all
since it was more than $1.98 , it was out of my price range
As an adult I diverted back to my childhood desire
for the set and I put it together piece by piece
it is still set up and about 10 ft long
Quite a lady with a lot of class
watching a lot of report today about her
Steve

The Queen was our Captain General in the Artillery and I have done many a toast to the Queen at Mess Dinners. One last time:

“Gentlemen, The Queen.”

Will be sadly missed.

Attachments

• 5BFD747D-4CA4-481A-A1CD-7E5D2694DAD4.jpeg
    5BFD747D-4CA4-481A-A1CD-7E5D2694DAD4.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Although not British, I believe that Elizabeth was also my queen, the queen loved by everyone in the world. A universal example for all of us.
We have lost the mother or the grandmother of all of us. R.I.P.

When we started the school day, we all stood as Steve N recalled and we sang God Save the Queen. I swore an oath of allegiance to obey her as a young soldier. Going to a movie, before the film, all rose and sang. I attended countless formal mess dinners where the first toast, we all stood and toasted God Save the Queen! And now finally her time is over. Thank you your majesty for always being there.

When I started teaching Secondary School History in 1976, we taught British History not Canadian. Then, around 1978 the curriculum changed to a compulsory CN History course taught in grade 10 where it stands now. The Queen visited CN more than any other part of the Commonwealth and the media tells us that she regarded Canada as her second home. She was a shining example of dedicated service to the public of Britain and the Commonwealth...and yes, even the Yanks liked her too! :)

I offer my condolences to one and all who lived under her reign. She was a true example of selfless service, and an example of leadership for other to emulate. Both her service in WW2 and as the monarch these last 70 years have provided an excellent person for historians to study and others to emulate.
God save your Queen may she Rest In Peace,
John

The Royal coach in my Q E II 1953 Coronation procession by W. Britain
I got their pamphlet to try for the correct layout
I don't have a 1953 program
but I show the 1937 program for King George VI
with Q E II and sister as young ladies in the program circa 1937 The Royal coach.JPGQ E II  1953 .jpgQ E II  B.jpgQ E II  lay out plan B.jpgKing George VI  1937.jpgQ E II  1937.jpg

Back