The question about Bavarian shoulder straps

Reingold

Dear colleagues! In 1916, field shoulder straps were introduced in the Royal Bavarian Army. In the photo, there is such a shoulder strap on the left. These shoulder straps had dull braid with two stripes - white and blue. In the photo on the right we see a shoulder strap with silver braid, like the front shoulder straps. There are also white and blue stripes on this chase. And the front shoulder straps had only blue stripes. Were two stripes also installed on the front shoulder straps in 1916? Thanks

Attachments

• tFVF8wwTvkQ.jpg
    tFVF8wwTvkQ.jpg
    868.4 KB · Views: 13
Dear colleagues! In 1916, field shoulder straps were introduced in the Royal Bavarian Army. In the photo, there is such a shoulder strap on the left. These shoulder straps had dull braid with two stripes - white and blue. In the photo on the right we see a shoulder strap with silver braid, like the front shoulder straps. There are also white and blue stripes on this chase. And the front shoulder straps had only blue stripes. Were two stripes also installed on the front shoulder straps in 1916? Thanks
Here are a few that I have
SteveB I R 3 officers.JPGBavarian I R 2  from Wilhelm S O S.jpgBavarian I R 7.JPG

Hello!
The field shoulder straps M16 had two stripes (winkel) on the lace. On the shoulder straps with a shiny lace, one stripe is blue. And on this chase there are two winkel on the right - blue and white. I've never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• 77777.jpg
    77777.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 5
Ok , I think I understand what your meaning is.

Almost all ones I have and have seen are the same, when looking at the board next to each other you see blue white.

Some of the white is aged so much that it almost blends in and looks like its not there. I have seen one that convinced me that the white was missing, it could have been an error.

Back