The Ultimate Pickelhaube Collectible!!

Mike9999

And yes, I should probably be embarrassed to say that I purchased it. However, the price was not exhorbitant and I have a Great Shell Lamp to go with it. The wife hasn't seen it yet (hasn't arrive) but I'm sure she will have a Commentary...

I'd guess the shade is supposed to look like a plume..... :?

Enjoy!

- Mike

Pickle-Lamp.jpg
(alt+p)[/img]

Hey Mike,
This is much nicer than the one I recently posted under the same heading in the ebay forum, did you get the light bulb with it?
Best
Gus

Gustaf said:
Hey Mike,
This is much nicer than the one I recently posted under the same heading in the ebay forum, did you get the light bulb with it?
Best
Gus

Hi Gus!

Light bulb..., Well, I would hope so!

Do you have a link to your ebay post?

- Mike

http://pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5412
It is in the next forum down on the index.
Best
Gus

The wife hasn't seen it yet (hasn't arrive) but I'm sure she will have a Commentary...

I am not so sure this is going to go as well as you might hope… good luck my friend!

Thanks Guys!

I'm hoping it arrives when the dog and I are the only ones here. I know he will appreciate it. :)

Good to hear I'm not the only one attracted to the 'oddball' items. There's just something about them that I can't resist. Here's my complementary shell, or as the wife refers to it... Old Whore's lamp

Shell-Lamp1.jpg
[/img]

Gotta admit, the base looks great, but the shade looks a bit slutty:)
I could never trust my dog, she alwas sided with Maggie.
Best
Gus

Now that's a snazzy lamp.
Is the helmet's spike fitted with the socket somehow, or is there a Trichter under the shade?

pointystuff said:
Now that's a snazzy lamp.
Is the helmet's spike fitted with the socket somehow, or is there a Trichter under the shade?

One of the other photos shows what I believe is the original Trichter. I'm not sure how the socket is fit?

When the "dragon" comes home and knows about this you'll have a bit of light in your new bedroom/kitchen/livingroom/bathroom...
(...the shed).

My thoughts are with you my son.

"Honey, I got another helmet for the collection... but it's part of a lamp." I think that should do it!

:D Ron

Khukri said:
When the "dragon" comes home and knows about this you'll have a bit of light in your new bedroom/kitchen/livingroom/bathroom...
(...the shed).

Actually I'm hoping for the basement!! :)

OK, I'm working on finding something to salvage from this..., here's a pic of the inside. Liner is gone, but is it possible the brass 'stem' may be a part of a pickelhaube?? Maybe...?? :salute:

Pickle-Lamp1.jpg
[/img]

Mike,

When does she come home? I really want to hear what she has to say. Most of us can relate to this in one way or the other. It might not be a lamp but I can remember being thrilled about a little item that Janet thought was hideous! Mine was a decorative bar of soap.

Back