The Van Bosstraeten Auction

Such a truly amazing, incredible, world-class collection! It's very nice to see these things closer up, as many things we have never seen this close in Karel's photos, especially the bayonets, fighting knives, many of the uniforms, and rare field gear, etc., etc. He shared a lot of the helmets with us over the years, but not even close to half of them I would venture to say. So this is amazing to see it all, now more up close and not in the distance of seeing it as it was in his excellent displays.

And the starting prices are so attractive to anyone that nothing will go for a bargain. Just like the former Baldwin collection. It will all be hard fought after to find places in new collections, scattered all over the world once again. Truly an amazing, once in a lifetime chance to see such an assembled collection covering such a vast array of subject articles!

I spied a couple items I traded Karel for a number of years back, and I may have to see if I can buy back at least one of them.

Thanks Coert for posting the link to the online catalog. I did not realize they already had it on line.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Such a truly amazing, incredible, world-class collection! It's very nice to see these things closer up, as many things we have never seen this close in Karel's photos, especially the bayonets, fighting knives, many of the uniforms, and rare field gear, etc., etc. He shared a lot of the helmets with us over the years, but not even close to half of them I would venture to say. So this is amazing to see it all, now more up close and not in the distance of seeing it as it was in his excellent displays.

And the starting prices are so attractive to anyone that nothing will go for a bargain. Just like the former Baldwin collection. It will all be hard fought after to find places in new collections, scattered all over the world once again. Truly an amazing, once in a lifetime chance to see such an assembled collection covering such a vast array of subject articles!

I spied a couple items I traded Karel for a number of years back, and I may have to see if I can buy back at least one of them.

Thanks Coert for posting the link to the online catalog. I did not realize they already had it on line.

Best Wishes,

Alan
I hope you can buy 1 of your previous items back Alan! The content of Karel's collection also really baffles me too. What an amazing collection.
I hope some of our fellow members here are also able to aquire some of his items for their collections.

Regards, Coert.

Years ago my wife and I visited Karel. We recognise many of the fine pieces. We will remember as we met in Halen in August 2014. A chat and a drink! The Van Bosstraeten Collection catalogue is Online now.

@ Coert, thanks for the link(y)!
@ James: still waiting.
----
Karel shared quite some of his outstanding collection on the 'ForumEersteWereldoorlog',
but I'm truly surprised and amazed seeing the complete Van Bosstraeten Collection now, unbelievable.....

Never met Karel in person but I had some mail traffic about haube details.
Nothing was too much for Karel to help you out or to give you detailed information or advise.

Bregards,
Marty

I just checked my order at Hermann Historica, but my order is "nicht jetzt bearbeited".
So I will wait, for a while.
If I get no message in a while, I will send an Email.

Regards, Coert.

Thanks James for posting about the catalog, I was wondering were mine was. Also it was good to meet you at the SoS Alan G

Back