Toronto Militaria Show June 1, 2019

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
There are 6 militaria shows held in the Toronto area each year. Here are some pics of the June 1st 2019 Show which I attended this past weekend:
IMG_0535-L.jpg

A pleasant surprise, I ran into Peter S. and his wife Enid who had come across the border from the US to do some shopping.
IMG_0537%20-%20Copy-L.jpg

I bought the M95 Prussian shown in this picture. I always buy them if they are complete and the price is right.
IMG_0545-L.jpg

Some "cutlery" for sale.
IMG_0546-L.jpg

The Garde helme had LG markings in the front of the shell. The Oldenberg Dragoner had the old style liner with square fingers....$2,300 CN.
IMG_0547-L.jpg

The same dealer had this....display only, not for sale.
IMG_0549-L.jpg

The M15 Arty had a repro liner in it and all the fittings seemed repainted. I bought the M95 Prussian because the price was right and the helmet, at least a size 58cm is in very good condition. Kokarden and chin strap, repros, one finger of liner shows evidence of "Mickey Mouse" having a meal, still a nice helmet.
IMG_0550-L.jpg

The Show is held in Etobicoke a suburb of TO in a recreational centre gymnasium......miniscule compared to the SOS!
IMG_0552-L.jpg

A decent Landwehr shako with complete liner....$700CN
IMG_0554-L.jpg

This dealer collected and sold only WW2 German militaria. I shot one photo before he told me not to take any more. :)
IMG_0557-L.jpg

I also bought a couple of Brit WW1 Tanks and a WW2 German drinking cup.
IMG_0560-L.jpg

Obviously not helmet related but I had never seen these before....still WW1 though.
IMG_0559-L.jpg

I had a good time, and I did score some deals but....How long till SOS 2020????

It was great seeing you Brian. It is a three hour drive each way, and always longer to get back in to the USA, but we find the show well worth the visit. We found some treasure as usual.

I highly recommend more "Yanks" join us in frequenting this show. There is so much stuff you simply don't see in the USA. A few things I wish I could bring home. There was a great FN FAL rifle, but obviously I can't bring that across the border. The same goes for the French WWII mortar.

b.loree said:
IMG_0546-L.jpg

The Garde helme had LG markings in the front of the shell. The Oldenberg Dragoner had the old style liner with square fingers....$2,300 CN.

Brian,
Thank you for this report!
The Garde helmet was a Land Gendarmerie...

The DR19 helmet looks fantastic. A very very scarce one! Did it have some markings an date stamp? Did it have some chinscales on M91 side posts and a cruciform or round plate in the shell under the cruciform base? Loops and leather wedges or screws and nuts at the back of the Wappen?
The one I am owning is showing the same old liner pattern and is regimented 1899.The wearer had the rank of a Wachtmeister. It has a cruciform plate in the shell and I purchased it from Canada for exactly 4 years. And the price was the same!!! It cames from an old collection, the old vet who brought it home after WWII was shortly deceased and his son and wife sold it ...So it came to North germany back 70 years later...

Note the simplified "X" stamp standing for BA.X. An early version.

Philippe
:wink:

Philippe: Convex chinscales on M91 posts, cruciform spike support, no visible Regimental markings. The wappen had screw posts. This helmet was a small size, made of heavier gauge leather and a darker interior than yours. The liner may have been treated with a preservative at some time

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wait didn't we start a trade war with Canada? Something to do with tariffs – and cheese from Wisconsin? dairy products? being vegan I no longer eat those things.So I guess Canadians are okay!

Yes, there was a brief trade war between ourselves and Uncle Sam, fortunately cooler heads prevailed and we are back to normal now. Yes we will have some Wisconsin cheese in our grocery coolers...big whoop! The state of Wisconsin produces more cheese than all of Canada combined.....MAGA.

Back