Totenkopf IR 92 Pickelhaube

awozny1965

I found a new store selling a variety of helmets and one of the ones being sold is this one. There are a few issues I have with this helmet specifically with the death skull. I know the skull is different depending on officer versus EM but all I have see thus far had painted black eyes and it seemed from the pictures that the eyes were not holes in the death skull but rather indention in the metal that were painted. This one actually shows the eagle behind the skull which I have never seen before. This skull has both rows of teeth though the other officer helmets I found had only the top row. Furthermore, all officer helmets had gaps between the crown while this one seems to be solid like an EM wappen.
Any feedback is appreciated

Attachments

• skull.jpg
    skull.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
  • skull1.jpg
    skull1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 48
  • skull2.jpg
    skull2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 44
  • skull3.jpg
    skull3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 54
  • skull4.jpg
    skull4.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 55
  • skull5.jpg
    skull5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 55
  • skull6.jpg
    skull6.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 48
  • skull7.jpg
    skull7.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 54
You are right, the eagle is not a plate for an Officer helmet. Although I donˋt know the differences between the skull for EM and Officers, I think this is a replica. After more than 100 years there should have been corrosion between the different materials of the eagle-plate and the skull. Because everything looks like new here and the eagle is wrong anyway, I would refrain from buying it.

Hello,
I don´t like it at all... 🥶

OR plate with some officer skull with curious fixations on the back... Better forget it...

Philippe
;)

I would echo all of the above and add that the wappen screw posts are modern flat head screws soldered on. 👎

Thanks Argonne and Sandman. I also think that the the death skull isn't real and found another thread from early 2020. There are some pictures from a members helmet that not only look different, but also has much more detail to it. If only that helmet is the real deal than everything I have seen up to this point are all fakes. Attached are first a picture of the members helmet from the other thread. Look closely at the details of the leaves at under the bones.

Attachments

• compare1.png
    compare1.png
    455 KB · Views: 27
Unfortunately, Andreas that member has passed on but he had a fabulous collection. We are very lucky that the photos he posted are still on the forum. You can count on the fact that his helmet is the real deal, a true example.

Back