Traumstuck ?

Louise

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Offiziersmutze-des-7-Bayr-Chevauleger-Regiments-Straubing-Traumstuck-/122434035285?hash=item1c81a31e55:g:ikEAAOSwol5Y3QY5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a really nice piece in my opinion.
Here are a few pictures where you can see items that belonged to Prince Alfons von Bayern, who was the Inhaber of 7. Cheveauleger Rgt.

Adler

Nice clean example. I have over a dozen in my collection mostly Dragoon, Ulan, Hussar, Marine and Naval Officers all pre-war so they are very colorful, which appealed to me when I began collecting them in the late 1970's, along with the fact that they were relatively inexpensive and not many people wanted them.

Price wise, this cap is well within the range they are currently selling for, especially cavalry units. Basic infantry and artillery units go for far less. The added benefit is the makers label. Good luck. J

glenn66 said:
It didn't sell?
No, it didn't, and it has not apparently been relisted.
I was going to bid, but decided the price was a bit high,given the damage to the peak.
Also, I already have a Cheveaux Leger officer's cap, for the 3rd or 6th regiments.
Nice looking cap,overall, for a regiment that existed for all of 13 years.

Back