Turkish belt buckle. Genuine or fake?

eltax

Hi,
I was proposed to buy this steel turkish belt buckle, but first off all I need a piece of advice about its originality. In your opinion, it is genuine or fake? Thank you :)

ukturkcollector said:
The major issue is the attachment of the belt-catch. Is this 'spot-welded' at all. Can anyone with experience in WW1 German buckle repros tell?

CF
I have tried to make as good photos of the belt catch as I could :)
One more question: have you seen any WW1 steel belt buckle not stamped from one piece but made in two pieces?

Two piece M1915 buckles.

saxon1915fr2pc.jpg

wurtt1915fr2pccopy.jpg

ukturkcollector said:
WW2 collectors seem to accept as original WW2 German buckles made with spot -welded catches. However, my understanding is that this process was not used in WW1 German buckles, which as also makes versions, such as these http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Imperial/photos/G023661.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doubtful.
CF
I believe that in WW1 german makers used spot-welded catches on their buckles. I have in my collection the belt buckle of pre-war lithuanian army solder. This one is made on WW1 german steel belt buckle base and there is no any doubt concerning its originality :)
Speaking about the older/rarer style buckle shield on this turkish buckle, actually I have no ideas at this point... :? :?

Back