Turkish Ottoman PC - WWI

RON

Although carrying an Austrian cancellation, this is the only Turkish Ottoman wartime military PC I have so far.
It was mailed in 1917 and I was wondering if Chris (ukturkcollector) could tell me who's captioned in the medallion?

The card reads (obverse): "Une sortie de la garnison d’Andrinople pendant le siège" or A sortie of the Andrinople garrison during the siege and was censured (note the inked-out sender's location?)

OttomanArmy-1917.jpg

I can't answer the question you raised but Adrianapole is modern-day Edirne in Western Thrace; prior to the fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans in 1453 this was the capital of the Ottoman empire.

Thank you Chris and Istanbulian!

Here's another Turkish military PC I remembered having. This time it depicts an Ottoman Warship in the Beirut harbour prior to 1918.

Interestingly, the card was mailed in May 1922--4 years after Beirut was liberated by the Allies and the State of Greater Lebanon's mandate given to France--by a French Corporal named Jean to another Jean part of the 3e Chasseurs d'Afrique in 'Constantine' (Constantinople?)
The card reads (obverse): "Beyrouth. Bateau de guerre turque ['turc' would be grammatically correct]" or Beirut. Turkish warship.
Note on the stamp: French 'semeuse'-type with "O.M.F. Syrie" ["Occupation Militaire Française Syrie"] or French Military Occupation of Syria and cancelled in 1922 by the "French Trésor et Postes" (French Military P.O.) Nr. 600 (Beirut)...

TurkishOttomanNavyShipBeirut-WW1.jpg

Back