Two Interesting Photos

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of interesting photos from my collection. The RIR 100 is a recent purchase while the Garde Landwehr drummer I have had for many years.
IMG_0278.jpeg
The photo shows what appears to be two types of uberzug being worn…stenciled and the typical cloth numbers. As usual the senior NCO’s stand in the middle of the squad.
IMG_0279.jpeg
The reverse stampings date the card to August 8 1915, sent from the recruitment depot of RIR 100 and posted from Meissen. Many of us collect these original postcards and photos. I would encourage new collectors to consider doing the same.
IMG_0280.jpeg
This photo shows a Garde Landwehr drummer in full parade dress. The helmet itself shows the usual Garde wappen but with neusilber star and contrasting Landwehr cross…..a very rare helmet in my experience.

Thank you for sharing!
One can also see that one year after the mobilization, the old "peacetime" dunkelblau uniforms were still worn in the Ersatz-Bataillonen by the new recruts.
Philippe

Here are a couple of interesting photos from my collection. The RIR 100 is a recent purchase while the Garde Landwehr drummer I have had for many years.
View attachment 36942
The photo shows what appears to be two types of uberzug being worn…stenciled and the typical cloth numbers. As usual the senior NCO’s stand in the middle of the squad.
View attachment 36943
The reverse stampings date the card to August 8 1915, sent from the recruitment depot of RIR 100 and posted from Meissen. Many of us collect these original postcards and photos. I would encourage new collectors to consider doing the same.
View attachment 36948
This photo shows a Garde Landwehr drummer in full parade dress. The helmet itself shows the usual Garde wappen but with neusilber star and contrasting Landwehr cross…..a very rare helmet in my experience.
Here is the helmet
I wonder what his shoulder straps look like
a solid color ?
SteveGarde Landwehr in brass trim.JPG

Excellent Steve, I had in the back of my mind that you did have an example of this helmet in your collection! 👍 Thanks for posting!

Back