Two new M71's

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of my favorite styles the M71, I already had a very Nice Prussian shown, and this week the other two showed up and very nice Prussian Artillery and a Prussian Garde. the variations on these is so cool from special wing nuts to thicker leather and height differences etc. These are all very solid.

The Garde helmet has 4C and some other marks I cannot make out? 89 or 68?
James

James:

Some really nice examples. I especially like the Artillery helmet. Certainly illustrates the sturdier construction of the M71 model helmets vs. M91, M95.

Nice additions to your collection.

Cool helmets ,must say that that i have not yet come acros a m71 to see the diffrence in hight with a regular m15 in person
Must be be a huge diffrence in weight for wearing it in the those days either

Jonas

These are great looking helmets James! The condition is outstanding on them! :bravo:

Congratulations! =D>

Best Wishes,

Alan

These are superb, thanks.

The first haube I ever bought was a private purchase Prussian M71. It was beginner’s luck- great helmet, absolutely solid and in beautiful condition. Unfortunately, when I changed my collecting habits about 15 years ago I sold it, along with all my other haubes. I started collecting again a few years ago,and I bitterly regret not hanging on to it and a pristine Saxon Reserve artillery NCO haube which also went. I imagine we’ve all been there!

Patrick

Back