Unknown - Modell 1867 - Schirmmütze for Reserve/Landwehr

Feldwebel

Hello,

i have buy the cap last year for 10€.

On Kaisersbunker.com i saw it an Modell 1867 Schirmmütze for an Reserve officer.

Did anyone Know this type of Headgear. I dont know the unit of this Schirmmütze.

On the Reserve/Landwehr Cross are the words:

Mit - Gott f. Kaiser u. Reich - 1813

Gruß Stefan

Hello Stefan,
I am sure some of those better experienced will speak up, but to me the cap looks like it is made of synthetic cloth, if so, it is a newer cap with Landwehr cross added.
Best
Gus

Hi Stefan
Nice looking old hat. However I apologize that I do not have too much to offer knowledge-wise regarding your it. It certainly does appear to be made of wool, you can see moth tracking in the body of the hat near the top below the piping. It's an odd color combination of black with blue, but has nice wide piping. I really like the interior decorative stitching, for me it helps place it as an early example of it's type, rather than the rather un-gainly looking, tubular hats of the 1880's. Again, I am no expert here, I only have one 1867 pattern hat in my collection, a standard Infantry model.

However I will post some period cdv's of individuals wearing this pattern cap. All of them are pre 1871, perhaps these may be of some help.

Larry

photo2uo.jpg
photo4fd.jpg

photo3t.jpg
photo5et.jpg

Hey Larry,
I missed the moth tracking, something not found on a synthetic fabrick, it must be the lighting that fooled me, or maybe I am just a fool:)
Best
Gus

Gus, it's our older eyeballs, we aint the guys we used to be :glasses10:

Stefan, You are very welcome, I really didn't add too much to the information you needed though, just thought you would enjoy the photographs..

Larry

No Problem :D

Now the only Problem was the coulor of this Schirmmütze.

Black with blue Piping. Anyone know a Site were i can look for some colours of this Headgear?

Greetings

Stefan

Back