UNTOUCHED L.G.R. ONE-ZERO-NINE

argonne

Hello Gents,
this is my absolutely latest one..and not the worse one (Vorerst mein spezieller Dank to Tony, Brian and Joe for their kind appreciations before my purchase).
This M95 LGR 109 Mannschafts Haube has never been once in a collection. It comes straightaway from the south coast region of the Bretagne, fresh from the french family of the WWI veteran who brought it back. Stood there a few generations long.
It is in excellent shape, original in all its parts and cohesive. Nice patina on the griffin too and screwable spike for parades.
It has a faint (now) illegible maker mark in the skull, but well dated 1911. Sized 55 and pencil named (2x) with "Prost" on the neckguard. Also Kammer marked R109 on the back visor, a little bit faint but still legible. The Kammer date under it is almost illegible, maybe 1911??
However, the neat combination of original wappenplate (with original solder) + right distance between grommets + griffin ghost on the shell + german silver fittings gives this helmet its unmistakable identity.
It was not my cheapest helmet , but still cheapier as the M91 that Mr Helmut Weitze bought on ebay this year for 2000,- Euro and now sells on his site:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/33/Baden_Pickelhaube_fuer_einen_Unteroffizier_im_1_Badischen_Leib_Grenadier_Regiment_Nr_109__164333.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy :sign9: :sign9: :sign9:

Philippe :salute:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What a really great & rare helmet, Philippe! Congratulations on such a wonderful find, and a super great story behind it also! Absolutely fantastic! =D> :bravo:

All the Best,

Alan

Extremely nice indeed. The same stamp I have seen on all GR109 helmets so far.
By the way, can you say from where in South Brittany?..
Bruno

Thank you Gentlemen for your comments!

Yes, Bruno, in the neighbourhood of the city of LORIENT.
Philippe :salute:

Back