Unusual Wappen Scroll

pickelhauben

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pickelhaube-Preusen-1915-Infanterie-Regt-General-Ludendorff-Luttich-Namur/184278497931?hash=item2ae7daba8b:g:6eEAAOSwT9ler9BL

I have never seen this type of scroll.

Is it legit ?

I have never seen anything like that before Mathew. It looks legit but it will be interesting to hear what other members say.

If you type in " LUTTICH NAMUR", it comes up as a town in Belgium.

It would be nice to see the backside of the plate. I messaged the seller for a picture, hopefully he will send some.

Why would a Prussian Line Infantry helmet be in silver ? I have hear of and seen that scroll before
years ago .But in gilt on a Prussian Grenadier Officers helmet with wide winged eagle .It was said to be a battle honor
added very late .It was in the collection of the late ,great Jarl Hartze of Stockholm , Sweden .Years later to be
explained as a "fanaticize " piece maybe composed by Jarl . Jarl owned a music store in Stockholm and had
employees who worked on his helmets for him .he had the ability to do Galvino copies for his own use but not
to pass on to others . I looked at the back of the plate on the EBay helmet .To me it looks filled in as a Galvino copy
Not sure of my spelling , please correct me .Thanks
Steve McFarland

Back