UR 7 tschapka metal version

michiel

last weekend in Ciney (Belgium) I found my latest find: a 7th uhlan Tschapka, (and a sword fo the 20th UR to accompany my well marked UR 20 ulanka and tschapka I already possessed). for a preview see under show news, hope to show more pictures of the sword and " convolute" in a few days).

Considering the UR 7 Tschapka:
this one is in metal. (my first metal tschapka!)
it is all original apart from the feldziechen which is a copy.
the cocarde is very rusted... I wish to change it with a more well preserved example from one of my pickels.
UR 7:
this regiment had a guard eagle without the star from 1913 onwards (before that date it had the line eagle), thus this is a rare wappen (only used for this regiment and one dragoner regiment) ,
(to distinguish from the grander plate by the different sword and scepter), see details.
(these is a quite similar wappen for sale on ageofkingsmilitaria at the moment).

in my humble opinion there is not any doubt on the originality of helmet and wappen, no double holes and the wappen it fits beautiful on the body.

the liner is preserved inside but in very bad condition.... (it is a pity but made it affordable..)
(no markings as far as I could find)

hope you like it, I definitely do!

cheers Michiel

Attachments

• UR7 front.jpg
    UR7 front.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 38
  • UR7 left.jpg
    UR7 left.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41
  • UR7 liner.jpg
    UR7 liner.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 42
  • UR7 right.jpg
    UR7 right.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
  • UR7 wappen attachment.jpg
    UR7 wappen attachment.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 37
  • UR7 wappen scepter.jpg
    UR7 wappen scepter.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 35
  • UR7 wappen sword.jpg
    UR7 wappen sword.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 37
last weekend in Ciney (Belgium) I found my latest find: a 7th uhlan Tschapka, (and a sword fo the 20th UR to accompany my well marked UR 20 ulanka and tschapka I already possessed). for a preview see under show news, hope to show more pictures of the sword and " convolute" in a few days).

Considering the UR 7 Tschapka:
this one is in metal. (my first metal tschapka!)
it is all original apart from the feldziechen which is a copy.
the cocarde is very rusted... I wish to change it with a more well preserved example from one of my pickels.
UR 7:
this regiment had a guard eagle without the star from 1913 onwards (before that date it had the line eagle), thus this is a rare wappen (only used for this regiment and one dragoner regiment) ,
(to distinguish from the grander plate by the different sword and scepter), see details.
(these is a quite similar wappen for sale on ageofkingsmilitaria at the moment).

in my humble opinion there is not any doubt on the originality of helmet and wappen, no double holes and the wappen it fits beautiful on the body.

the liner is preserved inside but in very bad condition.... (it is a pity but made it affordable..)
(no markings as far as I could find)

hope you like it, I definitely do!

cheers Michiel
Very rare & nice
When I first saw it in your earlier post
I thought that it was Feldgrau
Steve

Michael,

What a fantastic piece.

One of these metal tschapkas in any condition has been on my short list of helmets to own for many years!

A simply gorgeous helmet. You are very lucky to have it in your collection. Congrats!

I need to get out to Belgium apparently and start looking!

Michael,

What a fantastic piece.

One of these metal tschapkas in any condition has been on my short list of helmets to own for many years!

A simply gorgeous helmet. You are very lucky to have it in your collection. Congrats!

I need to get out to Belgium apparently and start looking!
thank you, just was lucky (I always e mail some people I know that are coming to the show to ask them if they bring something special (I'm especially fond of german imperial cavalry), so I can let it put aside for an hour to make sure I'm not to late for the interesting pieces ( I think you have to arrive early for special deals, after an hour most bargains are gone... I once missed a paraderabatten in yellow that would fit to my württemberg tschapka because I hesitated for a few minutes...),

I'm still looking for a prussian bandolier to accompany my prussian officer Cuiras... any available on the forum?

thank you, just was lucky (I always e mail some people I know that are coming to the show to ask them if they bring something special (I'm especially fond of german imperial cavalry), so I can let it put aside for an hour to make sure I'm not to late for the interesting pieces ( I think you have to arrive early for special deals, after an hour most bargains are gone... I once missed a paraderabatten in yellow that would fit to my württemberg tschapka because I hesitated for a few minutes...),

I'm still looking for a prussian bandolier to accompany my prussian officer Cuiras... any available on the forum?
What color combo for the Bandolier ? I am thinking officer
maybe you mean enlisted man ??
Steve

A few years ago I bought this line officer cuiras, ( for display an enlisted model 1870 war prussian pickelhaube on top) because looks good with stepped visor), looking for bandolier ( with blue lining readily available, but that’s not colour for line cuirassier prussian regiments) blue lining was universally Used for prussian cavalry officers uhlan, dragoner etc).

Attachments

• FFA0C464-564D-4527-AA34-A013E851C204.jpeg
    FFA0C464-564D-4527-AA34-A013E851C204.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
A few years ago I bought this line officer cuiras, ( for display an enlisted model 1870 war prussian pickelhaube on top) because looks good with stepped visor), looking for bandolier ( with blue lining readily available, but that’s not colour for line cuirassier prussian regiments) blue lining was universally Used for prussian cavalry officers uhlan, dragoner etc).
red ; rose red ; green ; yellow ?
Steve

red ; rose red ; green ; yellow ?
Steve
dear steve,

any officer bandolier for line "kurassier" would be welcome, please make an offer is you have one you can let go.

(also would like to find an officer Kurassier helmet to accompany the Kuiras, but I'm afraid these are both scarce and very expensive..., I could trade a beautiful JzP officer helmet for is, (they are quite similar), ...)

dear steve,

any officer bandolier for line "kurassier" would be welcome, please make an offer is you have one you can let go.

(also would like to find an officer Kurassier helmet to accompany the Kuiras, but I'm afraid these are both scarce and very expensive..., I could trade a beautiful JzP officer helmet for is, (they are quite similar), ...)
Nothing right now
I had bandoliers in the past
I will keep my eyes open
unless lucky
Kube and Weitze turn up the most material
of course expensive
Steve

Back