UR20 TSCHAPKA OF LEUTNANT ULRICH GRAF VON REISCHACH

argonne

Hello Gents,

Normally, I do not like officer headgear so much...But there are some exceptions, when the wearer can be tracked :wink:

Proudly present the Tschapka with its original Überzug, worn 1912-1918 by Leutnant Ulrich Graf von Reischach (1893-1972), 2. Eskadron Ulanen Regiment 20, Ludwigsburg.

The best of it, is that I was able to find the documents of Graf von Reischach in the military archives in Stuttgart. And much better, the nephew of the officer (Graf Dietrich von Reischach, born 1937) is still living in the family castle in Vaihingen (Schloss Rieth). He was so kind to send me an original period pict of his uncle, dated 1917 in Bukarest at the back. Graf Ulrich is wearing his Ulanka on this pict.

Schloss Rieth near Vaihingen, Baden-Württemberg, in the past and today:

Graf Ulrich von Reischach in Schloss Rieth, end of the sixties:

Sommer 1926:

And during a village ceremony, 1949:

Philippe
:wink:

Philippe that is not just any officer's Tschapka, that is one of the three Württembergisches Regiments and a rare helmet indeed. Nicely done. Your research is (as always) impeccable. :thumbleft:

:eek: :eek:
What a beautiful Tschapka, and complete with the provenance..

Congratulations with this gorgeous piece of history,

Greetings, Coert :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Tony without Kaiser said:
Philippe that is not just any officer's Tschapka, that is one of the three Württembergisches Regiments

Thank you Guys!

Tony, I think there were even only two Ulanen Regimenter at the XIII Armee Korps: UR19 and UR20 :wink:

Philippe

argonne said:
Tony, I think there were even only two Ulanen Regimenter at the XIII Armee Korps: UR19 and UR20 :wink: Philippe

Wow. Of course. I have owned Ulanka and Tschapka for both Regiments. I am writing a description for a Saxon helmet update and had Saxon on the brain. Two became three somehow? Hilarious! #-o

This is brilliant, Philippe!
I noticed that the Uberzug has two opposite slits for the Fangschnurr hook. Any hint?....
Bruno

911car said:
I noticed that the Uberzug has two opposite slits for the Fangschnurr hook. Any hint?....
Bruno

Bruno, well noticed! I wondered myself too about those two slits for the Fangschnurr and the other two for the Feldzeichen. I already observed that on other private purchased Tschapka Überzüge, but I have no idea about their utility.....Maybe someone here has the answer? A production simplification? :-k

Another example:

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

610.jpg

Philippe

A zooming of a period pict showing Arthur BOPP, Major at the UR20 from 1902 onwards. The second FZ slit can be seen on the left front side :

Philippe

Back