Value Range of old Prussian Uhlanka/Ulanka?

He guys great site.

I am curious if you could give me an estimate of what these items are worth:
1) Dark blue Prussian Ulanka
2) Yellow button-on plate, with minor mothing in top right corner
3) Silver thread sash bullian

I have had these a long time, they were bought in Berlin, and do not really want to sell them but if I get squeezed more financially, I may have to, and I do not want to take a bath, so any help would be appreciated.

The Ulanka jacket is for a Lieutenant in Schleswig-Holsteinisches Ulanen-Regiment Nr.15 based in Saarburg.

The condition is good but yellow of that period was not a stong color and fades as on your tunic. The detachable yellow Rabatte shows the actual color the rest of the facings should be. The bullion Schaerpe looks in good condition.

I'd estimate the value of the group at $800-1000. The Rabatte helps as these as generally missing but the color variation hurts.

Thanks pjm, although there has been speculation that the tunic is actually from the 13th Regt since the "white" trim is the same color throughout the entire uniform, not one area that has the yellow trim. It seems maybe a 15th Regt yellow plate, 15th Regt boards, on a 13 Rgt. Ulanka.

However, you may be right also, I appreciate your input, and enjoy this site. If only these relics could talk it would make things so much easier :)

Back