Visit to the Fort de la Pompelle Museum

Hello Gents
Incredible would love to visit one day thank you for showing the wire shown is German btw.

Regards
Eric

I visited the museum in late Spring of 1980. It has been reorganized since then. When I was there, the humidity in the chamber was awful and many items had mold on them. It was apparent that things had been neglected for some time. There was some improvement when things were reshuffled, but as mentioned, the display techniques have not been improved. The helmet collection, for the most part, came from one collector. One has to wonder what he would think about how it is being handled now. Such rare things should deserve better treatment.

Chip

I've not yet been to this museum or Reims (both are on the hit list) and the photos are all great! Now, about beer.... Having sampled beer in several countries, I have to say that I've never found a 'best' beer. For a while, it was Ettaller (spelling?) in Bavaria, then Potts Landbier in NRW. However, there are dark, strong ales in Scotland and pale ales in Belgium that are also wonderful. Quite frankly, I've found great bear in every country I've traveled in. Usually, if you try the locals' favorite you're never disappointed!

:D Ron

I have the solution for the humidity problem in La Pompelle , just bring all those beauties over to my place an I’ll treat every visitor to some of our best Belgian beers ... like Westvleteren ,rated the best beer of the world in 2012. :eek:ccasion5:

Back