Visor identification

USN

Good evening gentlemen,

A friend of mine purchased these two hats and I am unable to identify the visor, it has a Prussian reserve cross on it but I can't seem to find the color pattern. Can anyone identify this one please?

IMG_20231201_150805.jpg

He received the hat in the mail and it looks like it had a black band added to it, that being said without the band the hat appears to match the colors of the 9th hussars.

IMG_20231223_234848.jpg

This is indoubitably a wonderful visor hat of a Reserve offiziere of the Rheinisches Husaren-Regt. Nr.9 (Straßburg i.E.) XV Armee Korps.
Very good overall condition and a superb shape.
Congrats.
Zeb

Last edited:
I also thought of that, a mourning band. But all I could find about that, was the blackening of pickelhaubes and shoulderstraps during
burial processions, and burial itself of the royals.

This schirmmutze of my collection gone with the same black band. It appears to be a saxonian infantry officer with red band and piping. With the black band applied it appears as a saxonian artillery officer. Until now I had thought of an officer who had changed unit from infantry to artilley.
20231225_092548.jpg20231225_092855.jpg20231225_092920.jpg

It’s possible he transferred or possibly could not find a technical troops configured cap so have a black band fitted. I have seen this before and the same question was asked and the same possible answers given.

It’s nice

Last edited:
Back