Waffenrock and Pickelhaube for Kgl. Bayer. Chevaulegers-Regt

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
After a two year hiatus, a recent crash of my little information website (as it was not NATO level encrypted 'secure' ) due to browser so-called 'upgrades' forced me to obtain the expensive upgrade to a secure website to get back up and running (1/2 funded by the generosity of JohnM). To commemorate, I thought it was time to post the first Kaiser's Bunker Update since October 2018.

For some reason I cannot understand, one of the most difficult Pickelhauben to find in my experience, is an issued Chevaulegers in silver fittings with the correct convex silver chinscales. So here is one.

The condition of the Königlich Bayerisches 8. Chevaulegers-Regt.Waffenrock is almost perfect. With the contrasting colours of Stahlgrun (steel-green) and white, with the silver NCO Tresse, this is a stunning Chevaulegers Waffenrock.

For more images and my typical rambling descriptions, the Pickelhaube can be viewed HERE 

The Waffenrock can be viewed HERE.

dbt37g.jpg

dbh04.jpg

Huzzah!!! What a knockout combo! Spectacular way to make a comeback!

The helmet is superb but that waffenfrock makes me want to cry with joy! Fookin stone cold MINT!

Way to go Tony!!!

Very nice and rare helmet, Tony. Frontplate affixed with butterfly screws? What is the pinhole in the visor rim?

911car said:
Very nice and rare helmet, Tony. Frontplate affixed with butterfly screws? What is the pinhole in the visor rim?

Yes Bruno. 'Wing nuts' (as we call them) in typical Bavarian style. One anyways, the other is missing. The 'hole' is actually a punch as I'm sure you've seen before. So the visor trim must have been coming loose during service.

I'm pleased that this has been of interest.

Excellent T, a superbe set as usual. Great to have the Bunker back on line after some tech upgrades!

Great additions! =D>

Congratulations Tony, I will take a look at Kaisers Bunker too, has been a while since I looked at your site.

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

Back