Waffenrock Elizabeth Garde Grenadier Regt 3 / 4 Kp

KAGGR#1

Just arrived today .Back in the 1970's I owed this exact Waffenrock
and sold it to a fellow collector .Now years later I am able to get it back
I consider the condition of it to be mint or close to it
The soldier still had the 1912 Kaiser Prize on his sleeve which was won by the 4 Kp
He also had a shooting cord
I am pleased to get this one back .
SteveGGR 3  a.jpgGGR 3 b.jpgGGR 3 c.jpgGGR 3 d.jpgGGR 3 e.jpgGGR 3 f.jpg

That's a real beauty Steve, congratulations! (y):)

And congratulations on buying it back for your collection. It's great for you to have it "back home" once again. I've been fortunate to do that with a few helmets I regretted selling in the past, and being able to get 3 of them back in my collection.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Very nice tunic Steve. Looks like it is in excellent condition. Very lucky to be able to return it to your collection.
All the best
Michael

Just arrived today .Back in the 1970's I owed this exact Waffenrock
and sold it to a fellow collector .Now years later I am able to get it back
I consider the condition of it to be mint or close to it
The soldier still had the 1912 Kaiser Prize on his sleeve which was won by the 4 Kp
He also had a shooting cord
I am pleased to get this one back .
SteveView attachment 44411View attachment 44412View attachment 44413View attachment 44414View attachment 44415View attachment 44416
Fantastic and terrific waffenrock Steve. Congrats.

Steve, wonderful tunic! Congratulations!
I think the Kaiserabzeichen is from Juncker (under the crown must be a small "CEJ").
:) Best regrads,
Jens

p.s.: there is also a story about this imperial badge for 1912. At first, the Erste Garde Regiment had acquired this award in 1912. But afterwards it turned out that the 6th Company of the Erste Garde Regiment had cheated in the competition (they had more hidden ammunition). When this was discovered, the prize was awarded to the second-placed Garde Grenadier Regiment No. 3. 😁

Attachments

• CEJuncker.jpg
    CEJuncker.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I think the Kaiserabzeichen is from Juncker (under the crown must be a small "CEJ").
Jens

p.s.: there is also a story about this imperial badge for 1912. At first, the Erste Garde Regiment had acquired this award in 1912. But afterwards it turned out that the 6th Company of the Erste Garde Regiment had cheated in the competition (they had more hidden ammunition). When this was discovered, the prize was awarded to the second-placed Garde Grenadier Regiment No. 3. 😁

Thank you very much for the article! Great!

« Beschiss « in such a noble regiment😳.

Best wishes,

GardeUlan

Hi Steve,

Very nice tunic, that's incredible you were able to bring it back home. (y)

Did the same collector have it all these years?

Jens

Jens
Many thanks for this post with the added information
For me that makes the Waffenrock that much more interesting
I did a short post of the Waffenrock under Kaiser Prizes
and noted the info came from you
best wishes
Steve

Hi Steve,

Very nice tunic, that's incredible you were able to bring it back home. (y)

Did the same collector have it all these years?
Yes , it came back from the same collector that I sold it to
If he had not kept it , who knows where it might have ended up
I was lucky , as I had offered it to the "Dressed to Kill " collector
Christopher Ross in NYC
He passed on it
Steve

Yes , it came back from the same collector that I sold it to
If he had not kept it , who knows where it might have ended up
I was lucky , as I had offered it to the "Dressed to Kill " collector
Christopher Ross in NYC
He passed on it
Steve

That's a great story, again Congratulations (y)

Jens

Jens
You were correct
think the Kaiserabzeichen is from Juncker (under the crown must be a small "CEJ").
It is stamped under the Reich's crown CEJ
Steve

Back