Waffenrock

richesz28

I spotted this piece on eBay and I just threw a bid at it. Granted it's in rough shape, but if I'm not mistaken it is a Waffenrock from either KR2 or KR4. The only difference between them that I can see is the shade of red on the collar \cuffs. If anyone can figure out the difference please let me know.

I think after some work it will be a decent display. Even with the damage it's sustained the rarity made it a worthwhile purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122501904182?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, I won and it's already shipped. Should have it next week. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale online. I have seen a Koller or two but not one of these. Still can't believe my luck.

I think KR4 is likely too, but I will have to see the color in person. If anyone is interested, I can post some pictures after it arrives.

Richard

Yes would like to see photos
The true color will tell the story .
I still say K R 4
which you should hope for
you will want to try and find a pair of epaulettes or shoulder straps
both K R 4 & K R 2 would be hard to find
but the K R 2 straps and epaulettes go for crazy money
if and when you can find them

Steve McFarland

I received the tunic last week and figured I'd post some photos for opinions. Is it KR 2 or KR 4? It appears black in the photos but I assure everyone that it is indeed blue. Just a very dark blue. It does have some mothing and is missing one 23 mm silver button and the braid on one cuff. It does look better in person than in the photos.

Here are some comparisons for the red color. On the left is an ulanka for UR 19 and on the right is an attila from LGHR. If this waffenrock is KR 4 then all three of these "reds" (poppy red) should be the same.

One other detail to note: this officer was very well decorated. Please observe the "loops" for awards. There are six lined up horizontally for a ribbon bar and seven vertically for other medals.

I don't think there could be too many officers in a regiment
with that many awards . If it is a K R 4 I think that I have a pair of epaulettes
for that regiment .
Steve McFarland

The silk interior has decayed rather badly, but here is a photo of some letters inked into the liner (Pt. P.L.C.??? Z???). If anyone has a clue to what they may mean please let me know.

Does anyone have an opinion on which regiment this is from? KR 2 or KR 4? Can anyone tell me what the difference in the red color should be? In other words, is KR 2 a darker shade than KR 4 or is there some other way to determine it?

Richard

I M O
K R 4 is a "regular red " same red as the Garde du Corps
K R 2 is a lighter color

According to Laine ;
G d C = Ponceau Red
K R 4 = Ponceau Red
K R 2 = Crimson Red

K R 5 =Rose Red which I M O is almost a pink ; not quite

Easy to know if you have seen them all in person as I have
but if you have not , then it's another story
Maybe someone will post a color photo for you