Wanted, an Oldenburg M15.

coert65

For years I have been searching for an enlisted men M15 from Oldenburg. I had seen only one for sale, years ago, but didn't buy it, the fool I was.
I should have bought it at once, but being new at the hobby those day's, I bought a Prussian one.
So, if anyone sees one for sale, or has one for sale, send me a message.

Regards, Coert.

For years I have been searching for an enlisted men M15 from Oldenburg. I had seen only one for sale, years ago, but didn't buy it, the fool I was.
I should have bought it at once, but being new at the hobby those day's, I bought a Prussian one.
So, if anyone sees one for sale, or has one for sale, send me a message.

Regards, Coert.
Good luck!

You can be very cruel sometimes James! 😊
That doesn't matter Brian, I can stand, and enjoy humour when I see it. Any way, still looking for one though.
And I'm prepared to pay good money for one too!
I just cannot be kept from collecting haubes, no matter what.
I've been through some hard times, as most member would know, but there is nothing in looking back at that. There is only 1 way, and thats keeping up a good spirit, and move on.

Best regards, Coert. :)

Coert, by making this post I want you to know that unlike James, I am making it in order to provide sincere support to a fellow collector. :)
My Oldenbuger:
IMG_4679.jpeg
Just to clarify....James and I have known each other for 20+ years, he is a dear friend but we tease each other constantly. :D
IMG_4680.jpeg
IMG_4682.jpeg
BAX 1915, the correct AK for Oldenburg. No other markings except for the size 56.

Coert, by making this post I want you to know that unlike James, I am making it in order to provide sincere support to a fellow collector. :)
My Oldenbuger:
View attachment 46221
Just to clarify....James and I have known each other for 20+ years, he is a dear friend but we tease each other constantly. :D
View attachment 46222
View attachment 46223
BAX 1915, the correct AK for Oldenburg. No other markings except for the size 56.
Nice helmet Brian!

Last edited:
In 1870, after the battle of St-Privat, the Grand Duke of 0ldenburg requisitioned the farm of the biggest farmer in my village for accommodation during the siege of Metz. His staff and 0fficiers stayed in the house I live in today. That's why 0ldenburg helmets (0JR91, FAR62, DR19) have always caught my eye. 0DR 19 0JR91 RJR78 FAR62.GIF0JR91 M15     BAX.JPG
0JR91 M15 BAX.JPG

As for this rare M67 from 0JR91, when I saw it pass within range, I grabbed it on the fly.
0JR 91  M67 Troupe.JPG0JR 91 M 67 cocarde troupe.JPG0JR 91 M67  ss jonc arrière.JPG
0JR 91 M67 0JR91 IB Z2.JPG
FAR62s from 0ldenburg, 0JR91 M67s or M15s are rare. When you see one for sale, you really have to jump at it. :giggle:

In 1870, after the battle of St-Privat, the Grand Duke of 0ldenburg requisitioned the farm of the biggest farmer in my village for accommodation during the siege of Metz. His staff and 0fficiers stayed in the house I live in today. That's why 0ldenburg helmets (0JR91, FAR62, DR19) have always caught my eye. View attachment 46265View attachment 46263
View attachment 46264

As for this rare M67 from 0JR91, when I saw it pass within range, I grabbed it on the fly.
View attachment 46266View attachment 46267View attachment 46268
View attachment 46269
FAR62s from 0ldenburg, 0JR91 M67s or M15s are rare. When you see one for sale, you really have to jump at it. :giggle:
Great display !
You have them all covered
Thanks for the post
Steve

Very nice helmets here!(y)

I have an M95-OJR91 in my collection with provenance label, the helmet was found in a castle (Chateau)
but I don’t know where it is.

I do!
I can remember this helmet very well as ist price on ebay.
This is the "Abbaye Notre Dame du Reclus", near Talus Saint Prix (Marais de Saint Gond). A very central hot spot during the battle of the Marne.

reclus.jpg

reclus1.jpg
There was there a temporary german Feldlazarett there. As the german units retreated, a lot of serious wounded soldiers of the OJR91 were left there and were taken prisoner...

Philippe

Back