Wanted Deaths Head Busby

Oh, sorry... I thought you were looking for "an authentic WW1 Prussian Hussars Deaths Head Busby"...

The most blatant issue is that the scroll is missing, and there is no sign that a scroll was ever present. The skull is placed too high on the busby. The busby itself looks like an M15 model (!). The chinstrap is probably a reproduction.
Finally, the price...
This is a very difficult piece of headgear to find as authentic. Aim at a real one, if you are lucky enough to locate one...

Attachments

• i-1_B_L.jpg
    i-1_B_L.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 21
Thank you. But maybe some one has something else. Hoping to find one a little less pricy.
Peter I would suggest you take a pause before you buy anything. It took me over 40 years to find an original issued Leib-Husaren Pelzmütze. That involved decades of studying and collecting Pelzmützen and Totenkopf. The same applied to my issued Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regt. Nr.17 Regt. Nr. 17 Pelzmütze.

To place in context, the Leib-Husaren officer's Pelzmütze on DRM site in post #2 would be in the $20K range+ if it was original, and if it was, it would have sold in minutes. It's been on there a very long time. In 40+ years I have seen exactly three (3) actual issued original Leib-Husaren Pelzmützen for sale. One sold in a German auction for over $23K USD. Fortunately of the three, one is in my home.

Same for an HR17 Pelzmütze. Be prepared to easily spend $5K USD for a good original.

However for both, only after you study Pelzmützen and Totenkopf on Forums until you are half blind, will you understand that 99 of 100 for sale are made up.

Peter I would suggest you take a pause before you buy anything. It took me over 40 years to find an original issued Leib-Husaren Pelzmütze. That involved decades of studying and collecting Pelzmützen and Totenkopf. The same applied to my issued Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regt. Nr.17 Regt. Nr. 17 Pelzmütze.

To place in context, the Leib-Husaren officer's Pelzmütze on DRM site in post #2 would be in the $20K range+ if it was original, and if it was, it would have sold in minutes. It's been on there a very long time. In 40+ years I have seen exactly three (3) actual issued original Leib-Husaren Pelzmützen for sale. One sold in a German auction for over $23K USD. Fortunately of the three, one is in my home.

Same for an HR17 Pelzmütze. Be prepared to easily spend $5K USD for a good original.

However for both, only after you study Pelzmützen and Totenkopf on Forums until you are half blind, will you understand that 99 of 100 for sale are made up.
Thank you for the advice. Maybe I will be lucky enough one day.

Tought I posted it here before!
It is here;

Back