Wappen of the Imperial Duchies

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Recently, Tony S. asked me for photos of the "Duchy Wappen" that I have managed to acquire over 40 years of collecting. I took the pictures yesterday and thought why not post them on the forum as well? Unfortunately, I have not been able to find them all :) so I would invite members who have the the missing examples in their collection, to post them here. These are very rare as in most cases there was only one Regiment/Company that wore such special helmet plates.
IMG_1492-XL.jpg

JR 91 Oldenburg with Koenig motto.
IMG_1493-XL.jpg

JR 91 Model 1915
IMG_1494-XL.jpg

JR 95 Note: Laurel leaves on both sides of the shield. Fuerst motto. Helmet date stamped 1888 and 1893.
IMG_1495-XL.jpg

JR 94 Note: Oak leaves on the right side of the shield, Laurel leaves on the left. Fuerst motto. Helmet dated 1900.
IMG_1496-XL.jpg

Filz helme from JR 153 Ink stamped BA IV which is correct for this Regt. Laurel leaves on both sides of the shield.
IMG_1497-XL.jpg

Oldenburg Dragoner 19 officer wappen. Note contrasting star burst, scales and stars.
IMG_1501-XL.jpg

Older JR 91 wappen with screw posts and larger star burst.
IMG_1502-XL.jpg

JR 91 Officer wappen. Mercury gilding on Eagle, silver frosted star and shield.
In my 40+ year experience as a haube collector, for some reason the Oldenburg M95 OR's pieces were the easiest to find. Any "Fuerst" wappen/helmets are extremely rare and today.... $3,500, the latest price I have seen!

Lars13

Very impressive Brian,

I only have Prussian EM Pickelhauben so my Wappen collection is very boring :D

Regards, Lars

Amybellars

Very nice. I left my plates all back in Singapore and I am in Australia now so will only be able to admire all these beautiful plates of yours :)

Impressive.