wartime reservists stein info wanted

I came across this beer stein at a local boot fair, its named to its owner but no regimental details, it shows cavalry attacking the French and has some early war dates, it appears to reference both Wurtenberg and saxon with motto's and crests so I wondered if it was a combined unit action, the figures sword is broken and there are just a few very minor chips, best of all once he drained his beer he got an eyeful of a rather buxom beauty.
100_6901_zpsrxclgrqs.jpg

100_6902_zpstcqt1jxk.jpg

100_6900_zpsae5ylefr.jpg

100_6903_zpsgsx28vf8.jpg

100_6904_zpsn7eoqheu.jpg

100_6906_zps5mc800hf.jpg

I hope this has worked I have a laptop now and not really sure if I have clicked the right button.

I fixed your photos for you, you had the link for most of them inside the image tag.

Sorry to say that your Stein, in my opinion, is a souvenir replica, same as you can buy in any shop today in any German city. The absolute giveaway is the risqué litho on the bottom. Originals never never have that.

I agree with Tony. Original steins had very sedate themes for the bottom window. Nudity and buxom girls are seen in steins from the post 1950 era.

Same opinion.
Since the short time I got intrested in them, I know that the litho is the number 1 clue to look for.

It's a nice replica though. One good thing, you can fill it with beer and enjoy your 'reward' at the bottom.

This page may be helpful:
https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Regimental-beer-steins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D Ron

gunner cooper said:
Thanks for all your input gents, and a very interesting link, I Will indeed take a drink from it. Cheers.

YOU BET! :thumb up: I have a glass repro artillery that I got for $20, which is fun to drink from.... but it's not as nice looking as this one and no lithopane.

:D Ron

Back