Web Site Melt Down...Apology

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies regarding the site disappearance. Here is what happened, First I had a security issue with my Master Card so had to get an new one issued. Unfortunately, this corresponded with the web host taking their yearly fees from MC. Consequently, they could not be paid and shut our forum down. The host had been sending renewal notices to my ex wife because she initially created this forum so I was unaware of the renewal date. In the past, she has kindly forwarded these emails to me but things have changed. However, I have solved this problem and all future communications from the host will come to me. There should be no further problems and we are all set. Thank you to all who contacted me regarding this and expressing their concerns. This was just one of those little things that life throws at you sometimes. The main thing is that the forum is safe and operational. Brian

Hey Brian,
No need to apologize, I think it takes something like this to let us know how much we use this forum, and I think it is time for us to renew our subscriptions (those of us who have not contributed recently anyway)
Best
Gus

Holy Nutcracker Brian, do you have any idea how many emails I received? And immediately.

Like Gus said, it shows how many people read and use this forum.

The best part of the forum melt down is seeing how many e-mails Tony's server is capable of handleing before it goes off line

Yea T we are a surprisingly close knit group of haube collectors and WW1 enthusiasts! However, that is so very cool. As an added bit of info, I am going to have the site format upgraded by a local web designer. As you know, we are operating an older version of php here.

Dang! that was scary! and I had something coming up for the "latest find" forum! good to see things up and running again.

I became restless and sad. The wife asked what the problem was. I could not answer right away.
I guess this must have been signs of Cold Turkey !

Francis

You guys are the best, I lose sight sometimes of just how much we all get from sharing on this forum. We are good to go!!

i missed my daily reading so bad! :cry:

I confess, at first I suspected a problem with my links and I rushed to Tony's site to find an alternative route to Pickelhaubes.com :D

b.loree said:
You guys are the best, I lose sight sometimes of just how much we all get from sharing on this forum. We are good to go!!

Sure. Until next year. :protest:

One of my closest friends and holy f**k I just want to slap you with with a fresh wet salmon sometimes. :banghead:

So nice to have you all back! I hope the new web site includes the young lass who graced the replacement page. maybe without a top and wearing a landsturm shako? :joker:

Back