Webpage on Jäger Battalions

chrispaulodale

Hello folks,

I made a webpage on the uniform differences for the various pre-war Jäger Battalions. It's temporarily at this link-

http://www.sacktrick.com/igu/imperialgermanarmy/jaeger.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jb1%20sample.jpg

I know all the information has been published in the past, there's nothing new a ground breaking there, but I thought it'd be good to have it as a source of reference in one place. Besides it was fun to make the page... :)

Feel free to point out my errors, I'm sure there's a good few in there!

Cheers
Chris

PS Thanks again Joe for the photo permission!

I like it. :bravo: Made it a fav. You even picked little oddities like the red row of piping around the Sachsen collars. Good job.

Chris,

Nicely done! I know you do not cover once the war has started but as you mentioned the S on the cover here is another anomaly. Only one battalion and that one reserve.
Garde-Reserve-Jäger-Bataillon

ps1594b by joerookery, on Flickr

I had this one at hand as it is going to go into the redo of the uberzug article. And I do not know if that helps but here is a recent addition from JB 9.

ps1724 by joerookery, on Flickr

Great reference site!

Thanks for the very positive comments guys. Yes, Tony, I tried my best to get the small details right becuse I knew you'd be reading it... :D

Thanks too Joe, for the photos. Any more offers of photos always welcome from readers. As you've seen some of mine aren't great such as the GJB and JB14 shakos.

I'm not sure how to tackle the field grey differences. Maybe I'll do separate pages on them or just include them on the same page. This is just a tester page to get started.

Right now, I'll get working on the next installment...

Cheers
Chris

OK, I've done a bit more work on the project. I've decided to start it as a new website at http://www.imperialgermanuniforms.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as you'll see it's a work in progress which will take quite a while to finish up. Right now I've got the Jaeger and Schuetzen Battalions, the Prussian Fusilier Regts and the Baden Infantry Regts. More updates will be coming in a similar random fashion.

I'll be relying on you folks to correct any errors I've got in there, all comments welcome- especially if I've missed out some interesting detail or useful information...

Cheers
Chris

Back