Westfälischen Infanterie Regiments nr 57

kaiserzeit

I am helping a friend research his Great Grandfather, who fought in the 1866 Civil War and the Franco Prussian War, attached to Westfälischen Infanterie Regiments nr 57.

Thankfully, he can read German. If you have any hints on good places to research, that would be great.

Cheers,

Laurie

You should get The Great War Dawning. If nothing else you can burn it to stay warm up there! Lots of paper.

kaiserzeit said:
I am helping a friend research his Great Grandfather, who fought in the 1866 Civil War and the Franco Prussian War, attached to Westfälischen Infanterie Regiments nr 57.

Thankfully, he can read German. If you have any hints on good places to research, that would be great.

Cheers,

Laurie

This is a bit late as I haven't logged on here for a while, but your friend might be interested to see this post I made in 2011: http://pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5641&hilit=lion+mars+la+tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I have the regimental history but I haven't translated the rest - it's hard going and takes quite a lot of time...

Back