What a mannequin can do...

Adler

I have this very nice Officers summer weight uniform for at least 15 years now. Of course I always wanted to set up a nice mannequin, but never found one with the right proportions (Veeeeeery small)... A few years ago I bought a new made mannequin with the height of approx. 1,7 meter and with a little effort the uniform fitted bearly.

You can imagine my joy when I was able to purchase an old mannequin with the height of 1,6 meter. The uniform fits like a glove on this mannequin!
Since I didn't want to cut of his feet or toes to fit an original pair of boots, I decided to give the guy some issued low boots with private purchased puttees... Me think is okee :tongue: ...

Here are some pics of how it was displayed over the years. First on a cloth hanger (behind the mantel), then the new mannequin and finally how he stands proudly in the bunker today... Hope you guys also like this setup...

Adler 1

In the last photo, the young tiny officer looks like he's about to speak!
Those vintage mannequins look definitely more genuine than the modern ones.
Great job as always Karel!

thats awsome this mannequin
are you sure this is a dummy and not a real kid
i would scare the .....out of me would i be a burgler at karels bunker
nice job done on the mannequin :bravo:

jonas

Thank you for your great comments gentlemen! Glad you like it!

Adler 1

PS The trapdoors are always ON :guns:

One suggestion to improve the look of the mannequin...you should get rid of all the Grabenpanzer and extra helmets, they detract from the uniform. I know that will be an expense for you, but I am willing to pay the shipping if you send them to me:)

Oh Gus, I was affraid you would want to come to Belgium with the truck, but now you want to ship everything to your place... Would the shipping cost not be very expensive you think?

Adler

Adler said:
Oh Gus, I was affraid you would want to come to Belgium with the truck, but now you want to ship everything to your place... Would the shipping cost not be very expensive you think?

Adler

Yes, the shipping costs would be very expensive, but I am willing to pay the cost to help you improve your display space.

Yep! They will even show you the hogs and the pair of chiny new chainsaws.....
"All in" Karel .
:cool:

Those old European mannequins are great. Another friend in Belgium (Roland V.) has some and they are equally nice and much more natural. You outfit looks even better now.

Chip

Thanks Chip! Sometimes the old mannequins cost a lot of money, but they do improve the looks of these old uniforms with at least 100% imo...

Adler

Back