What are the Odds?

Lost Skeleton

For once, my paper Advance Guard Militaria Catalogue arrived in the mail prior to opening on the AGM website, and, after reading the description for item C106, I pounced at precisely 15:00 CST.

I couldn't be more thrilled with this two-piece Überzug. Not only is it the perfect size for my M15 Garde Pickelhaube, but, if one looks very closely, it matches the regiment.

P1011368.jpg

P1011362.jpg

The faint Nummer Drei:

P1011369.jpg

Königin Elisabeth Garde-Grenadier Regiment Nr. 3

P1011371.jpg

Inside:

P1011372.jpg

Okay, given the "Berlin" bit, perhaps the cover is more likely 3. Garde-Regt. zu Fuß, but I won't complain.

Spoils of the trophy hunter:

P1011373.jpg

Chas.

Apologies for raining on your parade Chas, but according to my research for my Überzug page, no units of the Preußen Garde-Korps wore numbers on their Überzug. From 1892 until the end of the Pickelhaube, the Überzug for all Garde Regiments and Battalions were blank. No numbers. The only exception that I know of, was the Tschako Überzug worn by the Garde Reserve Jäger Battalion.

Hi Tony:

That piece of information would certainly resolve questions regarding 3. Garde-Grenadier vs. 3. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß, and narrow the possibilities to Pionier, Train, or Bavarian. I pulled Kraus from the shelf, and you are, of course, correct.

Oh well, Es macht nicht. Regardless of the Regiment, I'm pleased as punch with the Helmbezug as I did not already have an example of the M15 cover.

Chas.

Sorry Chas. However, seeing as it does not match your Haube, and you must be crushed, I would be more than happy to…uh….. help you out as a friend. You still have my mailing address?

(You beat me to it, I called too) :cussing:

Well, it's still a fantastic piece of kit and at risk of repeating myself that helmet with that marking is the nicest M15 Guard 'haube I ever saw so don't worry too much Chas. Lets see some more views of that one.....

Sorry Tony- Shipping to Canada is really expensive, I think Charles should just ship it to me :D

Supurb Cover, way to go

James

Back