What I got at the Julia Auction of Doug Buhler collection

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
this was a great auction with lots of good stuff, some not so good. But I got what I really wanted the Bavarian Officer Jaeger shako in pristine condition, marked three times with owners name.

Also got two Uberzugs one for the 48 Landwehr and another for the 2nd Landwehr, not in mint shape, but priced right.

Sorry for pictures, have been waiting for a descent weather to take pictures but we went from 70 degree weather to last 3 or 4 days of snow, uggh

thanks

James

Primo pieces James congratulations. You could not find a better tschako and Bavarian to boot!

Pristine Tschako! It sounds, and looks, like that was an excellent auction.
Congratulations.

John :bravo:

Beautiful Tschako, James! Condition is fantastic. I was in Boston for work and almost made it to Julia's.
Almost...
Bruno

James,

Lovely items! I especially like the two covers. The one with the cross is for the 2nd Landsturm. :)

Chip

James, both covers are really awesome! :eek: =D> =D> Not easy to find some authentics covers of Landwehr and Landsturm.

About the name in your Tschako, I think this is not the name of owner.

DIRINGER was a well known bavarian uniform stuff maker in München since 1876. I am owning a M16 prussian busby of the HR16 with this multi markings (3x) at the inside of the leather liner. It seems this maker was specialized in leather items, because the busby itself was made by THIEME, Magdeburg.

After the war, DIRINGER seems to have rent original historical uniforms for movies and theater, till the 30es.

Philippe :wink:

thanks for the comments gentleman.

Philippe- many thanks on the post, you are right I am sure on Diringer being a maker!

James

Back