What kind of helmet could that be?

SvenK

Hello, everyone,

i found this beautiful helmet and I need your help. It looks like a "Kürassiere" or a "Jäger zu Pferde" helmet and the way the leather is worn out, it is correspondingly old. But the spike base is strange. I've never seen one like this anywhere. Do you have any idea what kind of helmet this is and from what time?

Thanks Sven

Attachments

• IMG_1736.JPEG
    IMG_1736.JPEG
    448.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1737.JPEG
    IMG_1737.JPEG
    465.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1738.JPEG
    IMG_1738.JPEG
    506.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1739.JPEG
    IMG_1739.JPEG
    571.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1740.JPEG
    IMG_1740.JPEG
    411.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1741.JPEG
    IMG_1741.JPEG
    468.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1742.JPEG
    IMG_1742.JPEG
    350.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1743.JPEG
    IMG_1743.JPEG
    464.8 KB · Views: 26
I am sorry to say this, but to me this is a copy, and a very bad one too. I see nothing correct on this example..

Yes unfortunately, a bad copy, made in India and chemically aged. Available on EBay even as I write this. Hopefully, you have not spent a lot of money on this or even better, have not bought it.

Everything ok. The stupid thing is that I have to keep looking to find a nice original helmet (without ebay). Thank you very much for your help!

Tony: have you already tried the Indian urine yourself? :unsure:😂

Welcome to the forum Sven. A large part of our mission here is to help new collectors with expertise so that they do not get fooled by reproductions/fakes. All of us have made mistakes and wasted money in the past, it’s all part of the learning curve. So tell us what you are looking for and if you see something you like put a link here and we will help.

Welcome to the forum Sven. A large part of our mission here is to help new collectors with expertise so that they do not get fooled by reproductions/fakes. All of us have made mistakes and wasted money in the past, it’s all part of the learning curve. So tell us what you are looking for and if you see something you like put a link here and we will help.

Thank you for that, I appreciate that.

5 years ago a wind turbine was built in a field in our city and a prison camp from the war was found. I removed the rust from one of the Wehrmacht helmets as much as possible and put it on the shelf. As with candy, now I want more helmets. 🙂

I'm starting slowly, but looking at ebay is disastrous. There are only helmets from India or China. At the beginning, helmets that are not so beautiful would do for me, the main thing is that they are original. For 20 years I have owned a very very interesting internet domain that I would also trade or sell to buy helmets. The domain name, however, only via private conversation.

Thanks for your support!!

Sorry for my little school and google English 😊

A nice story how do you became a collector (y)
Where do you come from? Your school english is not bad and we have Members from all over the world. But thanks to the translation apps it is possible to talk with each other without problems. Further you will see that your english skill be betterand better… a nice addition to an international Forum ;)

Ich bin selbst ein Niederlander, aber ich habe eine guten freund in Deutschland. Er, und seine frau wohnen in Seevetal, in der náhe von Hamburg.
Letztes jahr hatte sie eine kurze urlaub hier in meine hause gefeiert, rundfahrt in die Niederlande, schone sachen habe ich sie gezeigt hier von meines land. Wilkommen hier Sven. 👍

Wilkommen Sven.

Ich bin Kanadier aber Deutschland ist eines meiner Lieblingsländer! Ich habe allerdings etwas deutsche DNA, meine Frau auch. Wir sind diesen Dezember in Deutschland auf den Weihnachtsmärkten, Rüdesheim, Düsseldorf, Braunschweig, Leipzig, Dresden, Nurnberg, Heidelberg und Frankfurt. Ja, Kanadier lieben es, lange Strecken zu fahren!

Peter

Düsseldorf ... that's where I grew up and Gütersloh ... the city in which I work for a very large company.

I think international forums are just super interesting. You get to know a lot of people from many countries and contact persons in your own country with whom you can possibly exchange ideas personally.

Thanks for the super friendly welcome here in this forum, I'll keep looking and then I'll show you my helmets, which I hope I will find.

Sven

Ich aus der Nähe von Bremen, schön einen weiteren Landsmann zu treffen. Du hast eine gute Wahl getroffen, es ist wirklich das beste und freundlichste Forum über Pickelhauben :)
Und ich wohne zwischen Husum, Schleswig und Flensburg :giggle: Bin aber Franzose in Deutschland seit mittlerweile über 35 J.;) Vater Franzose und Mutter Deutsche.Frau, Kinder und Enkelkinder: alle Deutsche 😁
Philippe

Sven. Your very large company, Mielle? If you have a chance, go to the Gütersloh Brauhaus and try a Fuhrmanns Dunkel! Darn it! Now I'm thinking of all of my favorites around there. Potts Landbier, Fuhrmanns Dunkel....

Ron

Back