What Pickelhaube do i have here

fridolin

Hello, i just got a new helmet for my collection and i know or think it is a Curassierhelmet or Jager zu Pferde helmet but i'm not really sure what regiment and what exactly i do have here as i never have seen the Prussian eagle without wording and i never have seen a metal helmet with the horse hair plum thingy (can i restore the hair and if yes what color should it have, maybe someone has a picture with a helmet and plume), inside is stamped Otto Nachtigall Berlin 1911 or 1914 - can't make out the last number of the date

The shell is Jäger zu Pferde (the "pointy" neckguard)
-The eagle Wappen/plate is not Jäger zu Pferde ! This should be a Dragoner Adler.
-Never Haarbusch/-Trichter on the Kürassier and JzPf helmets !
-The spike base vent hole shows the Saint Andrews cross shape instead of the Maltese cross of an officers helmet. :-k
-The removable spike is Other Ranks.
Can you figure out some stamps/markings in the inner trim of the neckguard....or in the visor trim...?

Francis

Khukri said:
The shell is Jäger zu Pferde (the "pointy" neckguard)
-The eagle Wappen/plate is not Jäger zu Pferde ! This should be a Dragoner Adler.
-Never Haarbusch/-Trichter on the Kürassier and JzPf helmets !
-The spike base vent hole shows the Saint Andrews cross shape instead of the Maltese cross of an officers helmet. :-k
-The removable spike is Other Ranks.
Can you figure out some stamps/markings in the inner trim of the neckguard....or in the visor trim...?

Francis

on the neckguard there is a 4

-Can you post a detailed pic here ? No size numbers as well... (54....etc).....to be seen ...?

-Stabs-Ordonnanzen had a helmet simular to the JzPf helmet...
-Meldereiter / dispatch riders: Only the Garde Esk had a white Haarbush on parade !! They had the Garde Stern (no Adler Wappen !!!) on the helmet !!!
The JzPf Regiments were formed in 1905. Prior to that date the JzPf were in Abteilungen and in Eskadrone.

-Can you remove the eagle plate and post a detailed pic of the front of the helmet here as well ?
-it's important to check the front of the shell for extra holes.
Thank you,
Francis

Khukri said:
-Can you post a detailed pic here ? No size numbers as well... (54....etc).....to be seen ...?

-Meldereiter / dispatch riders: Only the Garde Esk had a white Haarbush on parade !! They had the Garde Stern (no Adler Wappen !!!) on the helmet !!!
The JzPf Regiments were formed in 1905. Prior to that date the JzPf were in Abteilungen and in Eskadrone.

-Can you remove the eagle plate and post a detailed pic of the front of the helmet here as well ?
Thank you,
Francis

i will do that tomorrow, but so far i did not find any holes extra

Khukri said:

Thank you,
Francis

i did try to remove the plate but had no luck with that as the screws are really tight and i was a little scared to destroy something, but there are no extra holes just what you can see on the photos the square holes under the nut

for the number i did make a picture but i only can make out the 4, the rest looks like something i cant read at all, i made photos maybe your able to make out what the stamp is trying to tell us, my only guess would be 94 but i am not sure

thank you very much for your help Francis :bravo:

Stabs-Ornnanzen helmet at this link:

http://p2.la-img.com/482/9102/1808045_1_l.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It had a line plate from what I can see. This one probably once had a reservist cross attached to the tail (???)

http://image0-rubylane.s3.amazonaws.com/shops/802481/866.1L.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know where the spike base on the helmet in question came from, perhaps one of the German states? I haven't found anything similar yet. As has been pointed out, the cross isn't typical.

To me, this looks like a parts helmet that somebody put together... Of course, I've been wrong before, but that's my feeling.

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
Stabs-Ornnanzen helmet at this link:

http://p2.la-img.com/482/9102/1808045_1_l.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It had a line plate from what I can see. This one probably once had a reservist cross attached to the tail (???)

http://image0-rubylane.s3.amazonaws.com/shops/802481/866.1L.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know where the spike base on the helmet in question came from, perhaps one of the German states? I haven't found anything similar yet. As has been pointed out, the cross isn't typical.

To me, this looks like a parts helmet that somebody put together... Of course, I've been wrong before, but that's my feeling.

thank you so far, and for a parts helmet i think it must have been done up a long time ago as all parts are same aged state and look belonging together (to me they do, but i am no expert) but i do not really think it is a parts helmet

fridolin said:
thank you so far, and for a parts helmet i think it must have been done up a long time ago as all parts are same aged state and look belonging together (to me they do, but i am no expert) but i do not really think it is a parts helmet

Okay.

Ron

poniatowski said:
fridolin said:

Okay.

Ron

maybe i found something
when you look at google image search for
6.Brandenburger Kürassier Regimentes

then you find pictures of a helmet with plume and a link to an old ebay add
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Helm-fuer-Generaele-des-6-Brandenburger-Kuerassier-Regimentes-mit-Paradebusch-/171008325297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my german is next to nothing but it claims to be a copy of an rare police helmet of some sort, same style of eagle on the front, dont know but maybe we getting closer to find out what i have

minihelmets said:
Examine ebay item 311091851135. Maybe somebody will post the pictures next to the assembled helmet.

Interesting. Very similar indeed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Victorian-Helmet-Fittings-Brass-Spike-Base-Pickelhaube-/311091851135?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D311091851135%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&si=vWqBjkYe74esbsh3l%252BHTUvUa78A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fridolin said:
and i found a picture of the KR6
and the eagle is like mine without the text
The eagle is not like your. On a photo wings and paws grew together. On your eagle they are separately. Looks like liner reserve adler, not Dragoner Adler

Back