What's the Wartime Belt Buckle Colour for Dragoon Officers?

Jvpi

Hello,

I asked this question on GMIC sometime ago, however the answers are unclear. So I want to try it here.
As we all know, the Feldbinde became part of the Dragoon officer's service uniform at the end of the 19th century. The belt buckle was either gold or silver plated depending on the tunic button. However, 1915 regulations stated the new uniform of all dragoon regiments (except GDR1 and DR17) to have white buttons, so what happened to the Feldbinde buckles? The newly introduced ones followed the changes? Old belts until worn out?

Many thanks,
Jvpi

Hello,

I asked this question on GMIC sometime ago, however the answers are unclear. So I want to try it here.
As we all know, the Feldbinde became part of the Dragoon officer's service uniform at the end of the 19th century. The belt buckle was either gold or silver plated depending on the tunic button. However, 1915 regulations stated the new uniform of all dragoon regiments (except GDR1 and DR17) to have white buttons, so what happened to the Feldbinde buckles? The newly introduced ones followed the changes? Old belts until worn out?

Many thanks,
Jvpi
Most likely as hard to find as the gilt trimmed Dragoon officer helmets
that were to be silver trim
I have seen one in person ( which I have in my collection D R 9 )
I have seen others in museums
SteveD R 9 X 2 a.JPGD R 9 officer X 2.JPG

Back