What's wrong with this helmet?

SkipperJohn

I have been watching this helmet for months on Ebay, and even though it is a little too pricey for me, I can't figure out why it hasn't sold. It looks good to me. What am I missing? Is it the price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASQUE-A-POINTE-PRUSSE-DRAGON-CAVALERIE-1867-SPIKE-HELMET-PICKELHAUBE-DRAGONER-/252362426210?hash=item3ac1f90762:g:8ncAAOSwq7JTyVeh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John :???:

I'm certainly no expert on that vintage, but the wappen looks a little sloppy to me? Not much detail on the eagle.

If you look at the other photos, the detail on the eagle, as well as what's left of the gilding, shows up. However, as John said, a little pricey for its condition (very moldy inside). It also says 'make an offer'.

:D Ron

When is the last time any of you bought an untouched, all original, early issued Dragoner Helm? They are very difficult to find. Almost impossible. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that helmet. I think the price is a bargain, even when a Euro costs me $1.50 of my money. You can do the math. If I didn't have one, that would be on its way to Kanada right now. That is an excellent old heavy issued example.

Thanks Tony, I was thinking the same thing, thought it looked good, then starting second guessing myself.

Looks like a very nice Dragoon helmet, as Tony stated is very, very hard to find.

Tony thanks for chiming in

James

Thanks for your input everybody. I just purchased a Bavarian Reserve Officer Haube and am a little short on funds right now, but I'm going to keep my eye on this and unless somebody else snaps it up it may find it's way to Arizona.
John =P~

SkipperJohn said:
Thanks for your input everybody. I just purchased a Bavarian Reserve Officer Haube and am a little short on funds right now, but I'm going to keep my eye on this and unless somebody else snaps it up it may find it's way to Arizona.
John =P~

If the other occupants of my house would quit clamoring for a big-screen TV and similar frivolities, I'd try to get that dragoon helmet, too. Those sturdy oldies don't come around very often. I hope you can snag that and bring it stateside. Your climate would better assure its longevity than mine would. :thumb up:

Back