Which is worth more M15 or M95

Mild_Turkey

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd make my first post

It's a straightforward question, let's say we compare an M15 and an M95 side by side, both Prussian enlisted and in the same condition. Which is worth more? I would expect the M95 but I've been told different things.

I would say normally the M-95 brass would be about $100-$150 more than the grey metal M-15 .

The m-15 grey metal is probably the most abundant pickelhaube out there.

Yes, I totally agree with Matthew.....besides the M95 is prettier to the human eye. I also think that this factors into the officer's helmets as well, they look cooler with those chin scales and taller spikes!

Also, M95s usually have more markings and traceability. M15s are often more "anonymous"; not to mention the numerous war bond helmets that have seen little if any action, hence are often in good condition but of lesser historic significance.

HOWEVER... in my opinion this difference only applies to standard, common models. If you look for rare M15s from smaller states (Mecklenburg) or from unique regiments with special scrolls and front emblems (JR73, JR91, JR92, KR2, UR13...), prices can skyrocket and you will often pay more than for a 95 model. For instance, an Oldenburg M95 is not a very rare helmet, while finding a nice Oldenburg M15 is a real challenge. At least, this is my experience...

Thank you all for the replies. I hope to use this forum a lot more.

By the way my first and currently my only pickelhaube is a War Bond M15 in quite good condition as expected. I assume it’s War Bond considering the holes in the leather tongues were never punched out and was found in an estate. I wish to upgrade sometime soon however the pickelhaube prices are never where they should be

Good point Bruno! I have also always wondered why the M95 Oldenburg helmets are relatively easy to find......we are still only looking at one Regiment JR 91 wearing that wappen.

Back