Why I donated to the forum

ebeeby

- because like many, I make my rounds of sites every day and every day on this site there are new and interesting posts - every day!
- because with few exceptions, the members here give freely that others may learn
- because newbies are treated with patience and respect
- because enthusiasm is never derided or condescended to but encouraged
- because the Great War is apparently an inexhaustible subject and one can never "know it all"
- because I can't get Ron's 'dog with sunglasses' avatar out of my head and I have to log on every day to see if he has changed it.

So send in yer money - it's that time of year.

Eric

Many thanks Eric, your comments really do sum up what this forum is all about. Ronny also deserves some kudos for being a new member who jumped right into postings and discussion from square one.

Thank you Professor Loree; this is one great addictive Forum! (so addictive my gf is somehow convinced my being constantly online means I'm cheating on her #-o )
Hey Eric, do you think I should move on and change that avatar to something more 'human'?
Ever since I lost him to blood cancer back in Nov. of 2007 (4 years ago on the 28th), I've got Tommy's pics everywhere (PC wallpaper, mobile wall, laptop wall, etc.)...
Maybe I should switch to this one instead 8) ?
Tommy1a10mMTL2999-1.jpg

Ron - Naw, you will always be the 'dog with the sunglasses' :)

All you could do at this point is add a *second* avatar.

Glad you're here, now write something in French for us.

Eric

Recently there have been a series of outages on the server. Brian has taken steps to repair each and every one of those and now has ensured that the site has rotated to a more reliable server. Brian is Johnny on the spot on this. Probably an improvement in his personal life! But I know that many of us collectors check this site daily. If not more frequently. What Brian does is not free. especially for the people lurking around the site – – send Brian some money – – he deserves it.

Thanks Joe for those words, all donations are welcome and to all... you will receive my personal thanks via email for what that is worth. We have experienced some down time lately but we have a superbe web master who responds to my emails in minutes, sometimes seconds. The service provided is excellent, and well worth the cost. I am here most days on multiple occaisions, I respond to member posts and I try to generate new threads and new post areas in response to members comments. Right now, I am posting in the new thread "Ones That Got Away" Parts 1&2. I have other ideas for more future posts as well. I may also start to attach symbols to the avatars of those members who have actually contributed to the forum costs...a form of world recognition which they deserve. There is a reason why so many of you are here on a daily basis as am I, this is a great place to be! B

Back