WTB Baden Officer’s Silver Round Spike and Base

CavalryCollector

Hi All,

Relatively inexperienced collector, restorer here and infrequent poster. I’m looking for what I believe to be a Baden Officer’s Silver Round Spike and Base. To be specific, I believe I am seeking a spike for a 1. Badisches Leib-Grenadier-Regiment Nr 109 Officer’s Helmet. Also seeking the gilt star shaped studs/pins that attach the spike base to the pickelhaube shell.

I understand Officer silver round spike/base and gilt stud combinations were used by a number of different regiments, so any other spike that is the same will be considered.

I’ve attached pictures of what I believe I’m looking for. Happy to take any advice/recommendations/corrections the community is willing to offer.

I’m based in Australia, and willing to pay for insured postage to the land down under from Europe or America (or elsewhere?).

8F5C891F-5FA0-41DD-9DA4-99BC8D90910C.jpegA110A533-1ED6-4DA1-BFE2-E42E9A8E092F.jpegThanks for reading my post!

Attachments

• 5231812C-8CC4-4449-9889-5A82A21182CA.jpeg
    5231812C-8CC4-4449-9889-5A82A21182CA.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 2
  • C2754019-5812-4A85-A8B1-D47517644CBE.jpeg
    C2754019-5812-4A85-A8B1-D47517644CBE.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi I assume that you had won the baden 109 from lloyds auction which is without the spike.
Hi Amy, yes that’s correct. Was it once yours? Or is there anything you know about how it came into Monty’s hands?

I don’t suppose you have a Baden spike you’re willing to part with?

Please also accept my condolences on Rod’s passing. I met him once as a kid. He did some amazing things for the preservation of Australia’s military history. Not least the recently restored Hamel gun. So sorry for your loss.

No it wasn't mine but I was watching the auction and bidding on some pickelhaubes. Didn't bid on the R109 as I have some reservations on the centre wappen. But still the price is good.

I don't think I have silver officer spike in my parts box but I will keep an eye for u.

Thanks for remembering Rod, it has been 2 years since he is gone.

No it wasn't mine but I was watching the auction and bidding on some pickelhaubes. Didn't bid on the R109 as I have some reservations on the centre wappen. But still the price is good.

I don't think I have silver officer spike in my parts box but I will keep an eye for u.

Thanks for remembering Rod, it has been 2 years since he is gone.
Yes Amy, I was also unsure about the Wappen, and now more so that your expert eye has echoed the concern. When it arrives I’ll share some photos if you care to offer an opinion.

Thanks, yes if you find a spike I’d be keen to know. It does actually have the spike base but in my limited experience it’s often hard to match spike and base from different pairs.

All the best.

Back