WTB Prussian wappen for VD Heyden Kit Helm

seagull

Want to buy Prussian wappen with central horizontal 'tube' fitting for my VD Heyden Kit helmet - yeah, I know, just like the one Shiavona13 put up for sale in October last year -- but I was away from keyboard back then! Been looking for YEARS, so I know it's a long shot. :-({|=
Thanks,
Steve

I think Steve is looking for this badge.

Attachments

• 20200913_002830_resized.jpg
    20200913_002830_resized.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 20200913_002826_resized.jpg
    20200913_002826_resized.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 432
Yes, thanks Amy, that is the exact one. Been looking for over ten years now and missed out three times, each time by the narrowest of margins. It's getting painful!
Steve

seagull said:
Yes, thanks Amy, that is the exact one. Been looking for over ten years now and missed out three times, each time by the narrowest of margins. It's getting painful!
Steve

It will appear, just have to wait.

Amy, you were SOOO right! Half asleep, scanning Fleabay two weeks ago something caught my eye -- and THERE IT WAS!
A Wurttemburg OR wappen with the correct loop on the reverse! Even better, I won the bid,....
AND EVEN BETTER THAN THAT! When I offered it up to the scull I could see very faint marks in the paint that matched the Stag's antlers!
So it was a Wurttemburger after all. Ignoring my rheumatism I did a lap of honour round the office.
I guess I must have been a better person in a previous life. Naturally I will post the (finally) completed haube when I stop celebrating!
Steve

Congratulations Steve, you have found your “Grail”! An added bonus too that it turned out to be a Wurttemberg ersatz helmet......even sweeter 😊

Back