WTB Saxon Officer Pickelhaube 100.R

Thank you Clovis, excellent explanation !! About the saber marking, I would have thought the second "R" would indicate a "Reserve" (?)
1695265289425.png

So Nieuport; @nieuport
Clicking on the link provided, it is obvious that you didn't purchase this particular helmet. Was there an issue or concern? I am just curious.
Are you still on the lookout for such a piece?

Just following up.

Best Regards,
JustinG

JustinG, yes I am still looking. The price/condition factor is my personal issue on the item in the link provided.

Ok, fair enough. I am trying to get a better understanding on the price/condition/rarity handle on things. Price is completely subjective, one which a seller and a buyer need to agree upon. Other posts from members, it seemed like several members had started with the assumption that if you wanted a particular unit or specimen, that depending how rare and how often they turn up can dictate the price that they are willing to pay.
So, for the example shown, what would you say you would think Fairmarket value (in your eyes): Collector to collector vs Online/Storefront to Collector?

Thanks

I think if you told a non collecting friend what we pay for items they would think we are all crazy. :oops:

Thats exactly why I don't tell anyone, even my wife. ;)
I think that not telling our wife's what we pay is a mistake
If we buy a helmet for $ 1,000 and tell the wife I paid $ 500
If a dealer offers her $ 550 after we are gone
then she thinks that she has made a great deal !
Steve

I think that not telling our wife's what we pay is a mistake
If we buy a helmet for $ 1,000 and tell the wife I paid $ 500
If a dealer offers her $ 550 after we are gone
then she thinks that she has made a great deal !
Steve

I've got a book with all the prices stored safely away and she has the numbers of dealers I know who will get top dollar for a 20% commission. Problem solved ;)

She won't know what hit her and she'll think I was a true genius for wasting all those countless hours hunting all around the world for this stuff.

Too bad I won't be around to see it :LOL::unsure:

Back