WTB Wurttemburg 50mm Kokarde

seagull

Looking for a Wurttemburg 50mm state kokarde, preferably as shown with 8mm central hole, for an M71 helmet.
(Photo courtesy of Brian!)
thanks, Steve.
IMG_1879.JPG

Coert you are a star! 👍 I just bought it, wierdly it cost me more than I originally paid for the helmet HAH!
...Who cares? I finally found something I was looking for!
Many thanks,
Steve

Regarding the kokarde shown above which is mine, I have seen evidence of painting by hand on several Wurttemburg officer kokarden over the years.

Having seen a lot of Prussian (EM) kokardes over the years with what looks like quite thick 'enamel' style paint - often chipped- I had assumed that most manufacturers of most kokardes had teams of painting staff , in much the way some ceramics manufacturers employed nimble-fingered women and girls to do the delicate designs on their products, no? (Sorry, this should properly belong in the 'Discussion' category.)
Steve

Bitter-sweet purchase! It just arrived and turns out to be a Badener, as mentioned above by James. The 'faded black paint' is just dirt and discolouration on the gilded brass. Well, at least I now have a lovely old patinated kokarde for an M71 Baden helm I don't yet own!
No reflection on KPEmig, he advertised it as 'A' genuine kokarde- and it is, just not quite what I hoped.
Needless to say, I am therefore STILL looking for a Wurttemburg 50mm kokarde.
Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
I often have thought of collecting kokarden, they are colourful and would probably make a nice display. The different styles would also be cool to collect. James and I usually pick up a couple of Reichs OR kokarden at the SOS providing the price is not too high. It is always pays to have some of these at hand. Hang in there Steve, you will find what you need.

Back