Württemberg (1916dated) M15 Pickelhaube

As I have said before on the forum, the Wurttemberg M15 is a rare beast here in North America. This one is in great shape and note the hex nut on the rear spine. This is not common but perfectly legitimate. We have seen numerous examples of these. 👍

As I have said before on the forum, the Wurttemberg M15 is a rare beast here in North America. This one is in great shape and note the hex nut on the rear spine. This is not common but perfectly legitimate. We have seen numerous examples of these. 👍
Here in Europe the Wurttemberg M15 is also a rare helmet. I once had one, but sold it. When I was again searching for one, I found out they were scarce as hen's teeth here. Finally I managed to buy one from Alan, the one that was researched by Argonne (Phillipe), who found out who owned it, and it'd successive owner too. It will never be sold again, and I printed out the history of the helmet to go with it. Which is kept with it.

I also owned a perfect one, but sold it for many years too....Some big regrets now....Named to Musketier STARK, 12/JR125

ir125.JPG
ir125b.JPG
ir125f.JPG
ir125c.JPG
ir125h.JPG
_A260664.JPG
ir125k.JPG
ir125m.JPG
stark.jpg
stark1.jpg

Gottlieb Stark got wounded on the 24.11.14 near Messines through bullet in the right arm:

After being healed and have layed in 3 different Lazaretten (Lille, Munich and Alpirsbach) he moved back to his former company, the 12/JR125, late 1915 and got this brand new M15. He was reassigned to the "Große Bagage, Lebensmittel" (company food supply), as he was a butcher in the civilian life..That´s for sure the reason of the still perfect shape of his helmet.

Philippe

Absolutely!
Also found on M95/14 or brass.

Attachments

• ecrou hexagonal tardif 0K.jpg
    ecrou hexagonal tardif 0K.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
I also owned a perfect one, but sold it for many years too....Some big regrets now....Named to Musketier STARK, 12/JR125

View attachment 42094
View attachment 42095
View attachment 42096
View attachment 42097
View attachment 42098
View attachment 42099
View attachment 42100
View attachment 42101
View attachment 42102
View attachment 42103

Gottlieb Stark got wounded on the 24.11.14 near Messines through bullet in the right arm:

After being healed and have layed in 3 different Lazaretten (Lille, Munich and Alpirsbach) he moved back to his former company, the 12/JR125, late 1915 and got this brand new M15. He was reassigned to the "Große Bagage, Lebensmittel" (company food supply), as he was a butcher in the civilian life..That´s for sure the reason of the still perfect shape of his helmet.

Philippe
That's some amazing history and research for that Wurt

Back