Württemberg Queen Olga

ccj

What’s the actual difference between the 1915 model officer boards of the 25th Dragoons “Queen Olga” and 119th Grenadier Regiment "Queen Olga"?
Assuming just the blue underlay.

Last edited:
What’s the actual difference between the 1915 model officer boards of the 25th Dragoons “Queen Olga” and 119th Grenadier Regiment "Queen Olga"?
Assuming just the blue underlay.
Charles
True Model 1915
the Infantry would be white ( all infantry regts went to white ) the material under the strap would be Feldgrau
M 1915 25 Dragoon would be blue with Feldgrau material under the strap
Here is my small collection of M 1915 Infantry
some regiments were allowed to have piping in their old strap color M1915 Infantry.JPG
Steve

Charles
True Model 1915
the Infantry would be white ( all infantry regts went to white ) the material under the strap would be Feldgrau
M 1915 25 Dragoon would be blue with Feldgrau material under the strap
Here is my small collection of M 1915 Infantry
some regiments were allowed to have piping in their old strap color View attachment 37283
Steve
P S
I don't have a M 1915 G R 119 to show
I do have a M 1915 D R 25
Steve

This has to be GR119.
Hello Charles,

Did you won this tunic? I was outbid by someone yesterday. This Feldbluse belonged to the second son of Crown Prince Albrecht of Württemberg, Albrecht Eugen von Württemberg who served in the GR119 during WW1.

Reactions: ccj
Hello Charles,

Did you won this tunic? I was outbid by someone yesterday. This Feldbluse belonged to the second son of Crown Prince Albrecht of Württemberg, Albrecht Eugen von Württemberg who served in the GR119 during WW1.
I was researching who this may belonged to since Albrecht Philip was in DR 25, I think.

Charles
Now that I know you were asking about officers shoulder straps
Here is what I can add
G R 119 pre war had red underlay ; M1915 all Infantry regiments went to white underlay
D R 25 pre war was white ; M1915 all Dragoon straps had blue underaly
in the case of D R 25 , it had a double underlay of white over blue
SteveG R 119.JPGD R 25.JPG

What auction was this on? I usually keep my eye out for DR. 25 stuff but it would appear one slipped passed me!

Hello Charles,

Jvpi, was that in the Kube auction or?

If I recall correctly Carl Alexander Herzog von Württemberg M15 bluse and Friedensrock were sold a few years ago. I guess this one above belonged to Albrecht Eugen von Württemberg since Phillip Albrecht von Württemberg.

I’m may have gotten some of the names out of order, idk.

Back