wurt Parts Helmet

this is my enlisted mans Wurt Pickelhaube, from what I have read I believe this to be an early war knocked up from parts helmet, I think it is an older model cut down it also has what I think is an officers or nco's peak, the stitching to it looks good and previous owner said he did not darken the inside of the helmet or the underside of the peak. it may have had a new neckguard as I cant see any older marks. spike is slightly different to others that I have

I may have this all wrong and would appreciate any feedback

ebay%20jan15%20003_zpsxonq9ssg.jpg

[imghttp://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag347/jcooper998/ebay%20jan15%20006_zpsbcs2kfuq.jpg][/img]

ebay%20jan15%20016_zps2uvmn5dd.jpg

ebay%20jan15%20011_zpsc4gpv6tl.jpg

ebay%20jan15%20018_zpsuxutw5re.jpg

Based on the pictures your provided I am not convinced that this is a parts helmet. The regimental and clothing depot markings are consistent with the helmet plate and the spike looks ok to me. As far as I know there is no such thing as an NCO spike but perhas I am wrong :D However, I do know that the term NCO is rather overused to increase the price. Hopefully, my comment was of any value :D

Regards,

Edwin

Thanks Edwin I think it is a parts helmet but from the period, I know that helmets were collected from the battlefield and sent back to be over hauled so maybe its one of those.

Do I see a stitched seam up the back underside of this helmet ie beneath the rear spine on the inside? If so, this would confirm that it is a helme which has been cut down from and older helmet with a higher profile. Still perfectly legitimate though, excellent markings, just like we all want on our helmets.

Back