Wurttemberg Infantry Officers helmet

I think thats a pretty good deal and don't see anything wrong with any of the items, the Helmet looks in beautiful condition on the outside with only a little honest wear to the liner. The cover is also very nice, the box is just a box nothing special.

When buying items that are sold in a group I personally just look at the items individually.

Unless they are documented to belong to the same soldier, such as named to him or have photo's of him wearing those exact items lets face it we are just buying a story.

I have no reason not to believe AOK and take them for their word 100% but they are not going to live forever, these items will and they we be resold several times over long after we are all gone. The future buyer down the road when they cost many thousands more is not going to be interested in long ago told stories, they will want documentation showing they were owned and worn by the same man.

If its a helm your looking for I would pull the trigger no doubt, that model and state seem to be very desirable, the cover certainly fits and the case would protect it for travel or storage. Its a win win win. Very Beautiful Helmet(y)

I think thats a pretty good deal and don't see anything wrong with any of the items, the Helmet looks in beautiful condition on the outside with only a little honest wear to the liner. The cover is also very nice, the box is just a box nothing special.

When buying items that are sold in a group I personally just look at the items individually.

Unless they are documented to belong to the same soldier, such as named to him or have photo's of him wearing those exact items lets face it we are just buying a story.

I have no reason not to believe AOK and take them for their word 100% but they are not going to live forever, these items will and they we be resold several times over long after we are all gone. The future buyer down the road when they cost many thousands more is not going to be interested in long ago told stories, they will want documentation showing they were owned and worn by the same man.

If its a helm your looking for I would pull the trigger no doubt, that model and state seem to be very desirable, the cover certainly fits and the case would protect it for travel or storage. Its a win win win. Very Beautiful Helmet(y)
Thanks for your comment. (y) This set was acquired decades ago by a collector. If the helmet case and the Überzug belonged to the owner of the helmet, its great. For me, it's a crime to separate items that belonged to the same soldier in order to make more money as we can unfortunately often see on eBay. How many times I have seen an idiot seller sell separately photos and reservist items belonging to a soldier.

Thanks for your comment. (y) This set was acquired decades ago by a collector. If the helmet case and the Überzug belonged to the owner of the helmet, its great. For me, it's a crime to separate items that belonged to the same soldier in order to make more money as we can unfortunately often see on eBay. How many times I have seen an idiot seller sell separately photos and reservist items belonging to a soldier.

Breaking up a photo album is IMO an unpardonable sin and those responsible deserve to be punched in the mug by Mike Tyson in his prime :mad:

Breaking up a photo album is IMO an unpardonable sin and those responsible deserve to be punched in the mug by Mike Tyson in his prime :mad:
I agree! I also collect postcards fom WW1, I have several ones, all sent to 1 soldier, by his parents. All came, well at least I think, of one inheritance.
The ugly part, is that most inheritances were sold apart, so breaking up the real inheritance. I see this many times, the last 30 years.. All for the money, and breaking up the true history of the soldier who passed away too soon.
Looking at those postcards, sent to a soldier, whishing him a nice Christmas, and a good new year, in 1915, brings tears you know.
Even to me, over 100 years later.
I have several sets like these... Like sheep , led to the slaughter, most fell.
They're heritance should be saved.
Gone, but not forgotten.

I agree! I also collect postcards fom WW1, I have several ones, all sent to 1 soldier, by his parents. All came, well at least I think, of one inheritance.
The ugly part, is that most inheritances were sold apart, so breaking up the real inheritance. I see this many times, the last 30 years.. All for the money, and breaking up the true history of the soldier who passed away too soon.
Looking at those postcards, sent to a soldier, whishing him a nice Christmas, and a good new year, in 1915, brings tears you know.
Even to me, over 100 years later.
I have several sets like these... Like sheep , led to the slaughter, most fell.
They're heritance should be saved.
Gone, but not forgotten.
I understand you so well. I may be an old romantic idealist but the memory of these soldiers must be preserved and respected in the face of the filth of these sellers without morals who sell separately the tangible memory of men to make more money..

Back